The Raptors won two of three meetings with Indiana last season.

in Abwesenheit 23.10.2018 07:07
von zhanjiao1212 • Legende | 791 Beiträge

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. Martin Havlat Jersey . -- The salary cap is going up and business is booming, but still the NHL often gets the most attention for ugly stuff that happens on the ice. Ugly was front and centre Saturday night during the Boston Bruins-Pittsburgh Penguins game that led to two suspensions and three players on the injured list. But instead of expressing concern over Shawn Thornton and James Neal, the leagues board of governors gave vice-president of player safety Brendan Shanahan a thumbs up for his handling of discipline. "I believe the sense of the room is that Brendan Shanahan and the department of player safety has the confidence of the board of governors. He certainly has my confidence," commissioner Gary Bettman said. "Its about modifying an element of the games culture and we think weve made positive, dramatic steps forward." When Thornton is suspended following an in-person hearing Friday, it will be the 19th ban this season that costs players at least one regular-season game. The first 18 suspensions added up to 77 games, including Neals five for kneeing Brad Marchand in the head. But Shanahan told the board Tuesday that among roughly 55,000 hits over the course of a year, only 50 to 100 are problematic. General managers have noticed a major change over time. "Youre not going to rid yourself of suspensions and what have you, but weve certainly come so much farther," Nashville Predators GM David Poile said. "I mean, look where we were. Ive been around for a long time, and some of the stuff that happened in the so-called old days, to where we are now, its so much better for the players and a so much better game." Its a different game, too. Some of the same hits that used to be acceptable are now spelled out as illegal. Shanahan has taken to producing videos showing examples, something that earned praise from Bettman. "My guess is people dont analyse the things he does in the detail that he does, and if you study the videos that hes put online, the specific instances where supplemental discipline is imposed or the more general tapes that hes put online explaining what the standards are of play, people should take a great deal of comfort that were being extraordinarily proactive," Bettman said. The next step could be harsher punishments as more of a deterrent for players. But general managers didnt display much of an appetite for change in that regard. "If managers and the board of governors want the suspensions to increase, I think that thats a direction theyll certainly give me," Shanahan said. "I can say from my perspective that I think that players do feel the effect of the suspension. Whether its two games or a lot more games, I think that players dont like being in that position, they dont like the game being taken away from them." General managers dont want the game taken away from its roots, either. Shanahan gave his usual update on player safety on the second and final day of the board of governors meeting at the Inn at Spanish Bay, and Peter Chiarelli of the Boston Bruins emphasized that the league can absolutely have hitting and progress with safety at the same time. "You can have both and you should, and theres a respect factor that the players have to adapt, and they are," Chiarelli said. "Theres a physical component to the game. Its just going to be a continuing challenge. Youre going to have discussions like these, youre going to have incidents like these. It may be longer suspensions, but you cant have a physical game without having these things." New Jersey Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said Monday evening that the onus is on players to follow the rules. Its his hope that maybe the fear of a season-long suspension will stop some of the violence around the league. Poile believes the incidents in the Penguins and Bruins game represented much more of an isolated incident than a trend. "I would think that the type of thing that Neal did, I cant even remember seeing something like that," Poile said. "And Shawn Thornton, he seems to be a stand-up guy, always seems to play his role really well. Hes already said he made a mistake, and hes going to pay for that. He knows that. And I dont think that stuff is going to happen very much. You cant say never, because its a physical game and thats why we partially like the game. Stuff is going to happen." How much stuff has happened was what Shanahan updated the board on Tuesday. As for the future of suspensions, it wont be much different right away. "There has to be the due process and it has to evolve and stuff," Chiarelli said. "You cant just say, All right, lets change the template. You cant say that. Its not fair to the process, its not fair to all the parties. You guys talk about trends and opinions on certain trends, and we do the same thing. In due course that will manifest itself." In addition to talk about player safety, deputy commissioner Bill Daly provided the board with a logistical update on the Sochi Olympics and a joint evaluation of substance-abuse policy between the league and the NHLPA. The deaths of Rick Rypien, Wade Belak and Derek Boogaard in the summer of 2012 prompted a look at how players mental health is handled. "We commissioned jointly with the Players Association and co-operated with them on an independent review of our program and I reported on the results of that review today," Daly said. "The bottom line is the report was good, that the program is doing what it is intended to do, it is helping players and former players in times of need." Daly updated the governors on what to expect from the Olympics and during the NHLs break, along with some logistical elements. Bettman said the governors were briefed on the leagues discussions with the NHLPA about reviving the World Cup of Hockey but predictably did not have any new information to share. "I think its no secret that we collectively believe having a world cup on a regular basis makes sense, the specifics were not there yet on," Bettman said. Bettman reiterated the NHL has no formal plans to expand beyond 30 teams, though he did spend a good portion of his time with reporters fielding questions about expansion. He did not rule it out in the near future. "Were getting lots of expressions of interest and no decisions have been made to do anything other than listen," he said. "We havent embarked on a formal expansion process, but when people want to talk to us we listen." Graham Knott Jersey . Like a magic trick, the puck popped out behind Stalock in the San Jose net. While Sharks coach Todd McLellan decried the legality of the tiebreaking goal, the Los Angeles Kings celebrated their latest, greatest escape yet. Jordan Oesterle Jersey . The Toronto Argonauts (11-7) look for an opportunity to repeat as CFL champions when they host the surging Hamilton Tiger-Cats (10-8) on Sunday. http://www.blackhawksauthority.com/authentic-clark-griswold-blackhawks-jersey/ . As they are wont to do, the Spurs made things real easy. The Spurs signed Parker to a multi-year contract extension on Friday, ensuring that the six-time All-Star point guard will be in the fold whether Duncan and Ginobili are able to continue their careers or not.TORONTO - When Lou Williams wasnt knocking down three-pointers, he was taking charges, and doling out assists.The Raptors guard scored 26 points Friday to lift the Toronto Raptors to a 106-94 victory over the Indiana Pacers — leading another standout performance from Torontos bench, and filling a void in the absence of injured all-star DeMar DeRozan.Weve got a lot of guys who could start on other teams, (but) weve accepted the roles of being backups and guys coming off the bench, and we take pride in that, Williams said. We take pride in that we know were going to come into the game, we know were going to change the pace of the game.Williams, who shot 5-for-7 from three-point range, led a Raptors bench that outscored its visitors 64-45, with James Johnson scoring 13, Patrick Patterson chipping in with 11, and Greivis Vasquez adding 10.We feel like we have one of the best benches in the league. We have the sixth man of the year, in my opinion, in Lou Williams, Patterson said. Tonight was probably one of the best games Ive seen from Lou. He was all over the court tonight on offence and defence, taking charges, running people off the line, challenging shots.Jonas Valanciunas finished with 10 points to go with a game-high 14 rebounds for Toronto (17-6), which was playing its seventh game without DeRozan (torn groin tendon). The Raptors are 4-3 without him.The game marked the Raptors first of six in a row against teams with losing records, a welcome relief after Tuesdays 105-101 loss at Cleveland — their second defeat in five days to the Cavs.The Raptors led virtually from the opening whistle, and were up by as many as 13 points before taking an 80-72 lead into the fourth in front of another capacity crowd of 19,800 — the Raptors 10th consecutive sellout — at the Air Canada Centre.The bench trio of Williams, Vasquez and Johnson lit it up early in the fourth, and a driving slam dunk from Johnson had the Raptors up by 19 points. The Pacers pulled to within 14 with 2:39 to play, but Williams calmly drilled another three coming out of a timeout, putting the Raptors up by 17 and the game, out of reach.In what has turned into one of most profitable acquisitions of the off-season, the Raptors acquired the veteran guard and Lucas Noggueira from Atlanta in exchange for John Salmons. Connor Murphy Jersey. Williams was coming off one of the worst seasons of his career, slowed by ACL recovery.Hes scored 20-plus points in five games — all wins — this season.When Lou is out there and hes playing like that, its a heck of a show to watch, said point guard Kyle Lowry. We (starters) got a chance to rest tonight and it was very good. Lou played well, G. (Vasquez) played well, J.J. (Johnson) played well. When those guys come in and give us that type of lift, its always fortunate for us to be able to kind of relax when those guys take over.The Pacers were No. 2 in the league in rebounding coming into the game, providing Toronto with what coach Dwane Casey had said would be a huge test. Rebounding has been the Raptors one big inconsistency this season.Mission accomplished: the Raptors outrebounded their visitors 52-39. That was one of our main points of emphasis going into the game, Casey said. To outrebound a team like Indiana. . . who are a very physical and paint-oriented team, my hat is off to our guys because thats what weve been preaching.Solomon Hill scored 16 points to top the Pacers (7-16) in their seventh straight loss — Indianas longest losing skid in five seasons.Their bench outplayed our bench, said Pacers coach Frank Vogel. We didnt account for Lou Williams. Lou Williams I thought was a big difference.Landry Fields started in place of DeRozan, and led the way in a first quarter that saw the Raptors lead by nine. They took a 28-20 advantage into the second.Williams drained three of four three-point attempts for 12 points in the second quarter, and the Raptors went ahead by 13 points on an alley-oop layup from Amir Johnson with 4:28 left in the half. They took a 53-42 advantage into the break.The Pacers shot 54 per cent in the third, outscoring Toronto 30-27 in the frame to pull to within four points. But Toronto was up by eight heading into the final 12 minutes.NOTES: The Raptors are in New York to face the Knicks on Sunday, then return home to host the Orlando Magic on Monday, and the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday. . . Former Toronto Maple Leaf Wendel Clark had a courtside seat. . . The Raptors won two of three meetings with Indiana last season. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).