Hes making more plays with the puck

in Regeln und Informationen 22.10.2018 08:30
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

SAITAMA, Japan -- Canadians Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje captured silver in ice dance at the world figure skating championships Saturday, missing the gold by a mere 0. Johnny Bucyk Jersey .02 points. "Im just feeling ecstatic right now," Poje said. "This one moment is because of the combination of all the hard work that weve had, especially over these past couple of years, and showing by our grit and determination that we wanted to be up near the top. I feel that we deserve to be up here now, and its an amazing feeling and we want to have more of it." The dancers from Waterloo, Ont., scored 175.45 to finish second behind European champions Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte of Italy. Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat of France were third with 175.37. Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier of Unionville, Ont finished eighth with 153.86 points, while Alexandra Paul of Midhurst, Ont., and Mitchell Islam of Barrie, Ont,. were 10th with 148.76 points. Mao Asada of Japan topped the free skate in womens singles to capture her third world title. Asada, who held a slim 1.42-point lead after the short program, under-rotated three jumps but finished with 216.69 points, 9.19 ahead 15-year-old Julia Lipnitskaia of Russia. Italys Carolina Kostner, the 2012 world champion, took the bronze with 203.83 points. Kaetlyn Osmond of Marystown, N.L., was 11th, while Gabrielle Daleman of Newmarket, Ont., was 13th. "It wasnt the performance I wanted to have," Osmond said. "I love this program, I have loved skating it and I really wanted to show it off tonight." Weaver and Poje have skated in the shadow of Canadian world and Olympic champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir for several years. But Virtue and Moir, and Americans Meryl Davis and Charlie White, gold medallists last month at the Sochi Games, are expected to announce their retirement soon. Neither of the teams competed at the world championships, leaving two spots on the podium up for grabs. "Its an incredible feeling. Im without words," Weaver said. "I cant believe that we performed the free dance today the best we have all year under the pressure of the circumstances of the top teams being so close. Im just so proud of Andrew and I and the work we have done this year and that we just havent given up in our careers and that is what has brought us to this moment." The silver sends the Canadian team home with two medals. Meagan Duhamel of Lively, Ont., and Eric Radford of Balmertown, Ont., won bronze in pairs earlier in the week. Asada, who finished sixth at the Sochi Olympics, also won the world championships in 2008 and 2010 and became the first Japanese three-time champion. Skating to Sergei Rachmaninovs "Piano Concerto No. 2," Asada opened with her trademark triple Axel but under-rotated that one as well as a triple flip and double loop, but she earned high style points after impressing the judges. "I was able to control myself and I have done what I had to do," Asada said. "I was much more nervous than I was for the short program but the cheering from the fans was with me and made me relax." Yuna Kim, the defending champion, has retired and Olympic gold medallist Adelina Sotnikova of Russia wasnt competing at the worlds. Gerry Cheevers Jersey . PAUL, Minn – The clock lingered for what seemed like an interminable two minutes and 51 seconds before Mark Fraser finally escaped to the bench during a wildly one-sided first period of an eventual loss to Boston. Noel Acciari Jersey . -- Michael Bennett gambled last off-season that playing on a one-year deal in Seattle would pay off in the future with the long-term contract he always wanted. http://www.bruinsauthority.com/authentic-adam-oates-bruins-jersey/ . It will mark the 22nd time the tournament has been held in this country and fourth in Atlanta Canada but will make its first appearance ever in played Nova Scotia.DETROIT -- Two goalies combined on a Detroit Red Wings shutout for the first time since the 2001-02 season, when they went on to hoist the Stanley Cup. "Maybe its a good omen," Jimmy Howard said after finishing off a shutout that Jonas Gustavsson started in a 2-0 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Monday night. Justin Abdelkader scored early in the second period and again in the final seconds after Howard made 16 saves over the final two periods and Gustavsson stopped eight shots in the first. Howard also stopped David Booths penalty shot in the second. It was the first time Detroit had a combined shutout since Oct. 27, 2001, when Manny Legace and Dominik Hasek did it in a 1-0 win at Nashville, according to STATS. Gustavsson started, but couldnt play in the second or third because of dizziness. "I guess hes fine," Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said. The Canucks had coach John Tortorella behind their bench and forward Henrik Sedin on the ice after both missed six games. Tortorella was suspended for 15 days by the NHL for his conduct after a brawl in a game against the Calgary Flames. Tortorella went to Calgarys locker room following the first period, which began with several fights. "Whats happened was deserved," Tortorella said. "I hope it makes me a better coach, but it certainly doesnt stop the situations Ive put a lot of other people in, especially my other coaches." Sedin had been out since he was unable to finish the Jan. 18 game against Calgary because of an upper-body injury. He and his brother, Daniel, extended their goal-scoring droughts to 16 games. That matches the longest stretch of games the Sedins have played without either one of them scoring since 2002, according to STATS. "Obviously, theyre a big part of their team," said Detroits Henrik Zetterberg, who will team up with the Sedins for Sweden at the Olympics. "If you keep them in check, you have a good chance of winning the game." The Red Wings wanted to rest Howard, who had played two straight games following a four-game absence after aggravating a left knee injury, but he was forced into action. Howard helped Detroit keep its slim leaad early in the second period when he denied Booths penalty shot. Derek Sanderson Jersey. "I thought our best forward was David Booth, which is good for him but not good for us," Tortorella said. The Canucks went on a power play for the fourth time 5:29 into the third period, but didnt take advantage. They had an extra skater again when Detroit had too many men on the ice with 4:37 left in the game. It turned into a 4-on-3 advantage when players from both teams were called for a penalty, but Vancouver couldnt convert. "We looked like a slow hockey team tonight," Tortorella said. "Were going to keep banging and trying to get better. ... It worries me, it really worries me." Eddie Lack, starting a second straight game in place of Roberto Luongo, made 28 saves. Lack gave up what appeared to be a soft goal, failing to stop a long shot from Abdelkader with his blocker, but helped Vancouver stay within a goal when Detroit had a 5-on-3 power play midway through the second period. Lack also made three straight stops when Darren Helm had chances to score during Vancouvers final power play, including one sprawling stop in which he dove and got some of his glove on the puck. "The way hes keeping us in games, you want to score some goals for him," Vancouvers Jannik Hansen said. "We just couldnt find a way to get it done." The Canucks pulled Lack late in the game to add an extra skater, but teammate Alexandre Burrows was called for cross-checking with 38.7 seconds left. Abdelkader sealed the win with an empty-net goal with 15.7 seconds remaining. "His confidence is growing," Babcock said. "Hes making more plays with the puck." NOTES: Vancouver acquired forward Dale Weise from Montreal and scratched him from the lineup in Detroit. ... The Red Wings recognized people from both franchises who will represent their countries at the Sochi Games, including Detroit forward Gustav Nyquist, who is replacing injured teammate Johan Franzen on Swedens roster. ... Detroits Pavel Datsyuk, who missed his 14th straight game with a lower-body injury, hopes to play a game or two before being Russias captain in Sochi. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).