the Washington Wizards playoff drive.

in Regeln und Informationen 18.10.2018 09:41
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

6am Bar ClosingsYour partner just left you for your best friend and took the cat. Tyrod Taylor Jersey . You lost your job. Your folks are getting a divorce. You drive a 93 Hyundai Elantra. You like Coldplays new album. Life could not get much worse. This is what it feels like when your teams season ends prematurely. This is how we feel in Montreal, and our new Mayor, Denis Coderre, has pushed through legislation that will allow some bars to call last call at 5:45am. Bars will close at 6am. Corderre wanted David Desharnais benched or traded or lynched in November, so Im not sure why hes allowed to make laws, but either way three extra hours of drinking do not bode well for a city of broken hearts already adept at drowning its sorrows until the wee hours.Reliving the PastIn the quiet aftermath of a series lost, one can be driven to madness through contemplation and consideration of responsibility and complicity. Im not talking about the players, or management, or coaching staff. Im talking about each fan, individually, wrapped in the curious superstitions of sport; adults who believe their habits and regiments supernaturally affect those of their team. For example, during game two of the Bruins-Habs series I had a cocktail with a woman who has no interest in hockey but may have interest in me. Did my shunning of the 1st period adversely affect the balance of the Habs universe? The other day, in anticipation of seeing my mother, I very discreetly and almost unnoticeably trimmed my beard. Did I bring on some bad juju? Ive watched the last two games on CBC. Had I watched RDS, would Price be okay? Would the Habs be up two games? Would Henrik Lundqvist be mortal? Well never know…No Nos AmoursAt no time is it more apparent that the Expos are gone than right after the Habs disappoint. And this summer, the cut runs a little deeper, a little more steeped in vinegar and salt, after a weekend in April of Expos nostalgia and games at the Big O. Sure it was just the Blue Jays and Mets, but it was as close to Major League Baseball as weve seen on the Island of Montreal in a decade. The tricolore hats were everywhere, and not just on Brooklynites in town for Osheaga. Larry Walker, Marquis Grissom, Felipe Alou, and the 94 team spent the weekend. We were reminded of what once was, and for a moment gleaned hope that it could be again. But then the playoffs started, and we forgot all about it. Now on the precipice of an abrupt end to the postseason, what are we to do? Cheer for the Blue Jays? That kind of talk will get you kicked out of the bar at 4:45.TouristsTheres a brief respite in the Montreal calendar in May and June. Its right after the students have left to their parents basements in Mississauga, a convoy of minivans heading west, Ikea skeletons ominously freckling the McGill ghetto, and the arrival of tourists. Its a peaceful time. A time for quiet contemplation, for being able to find a seat at Starbucks, for going through alleys looking for a new couch. But then the tourists settle in. Unwanted aliens in your favourite haunts, fratish bachelor party weekends, and F1 fans, who make Bruins fans look quaint. That late spring void is best when filled with Habs reverie, double overtimes, Boston-hate, and large crowds in early evening bars yelling at Glenn Healy. We had that for a while this spring. Not long enough.ResponsibilityEverything is forgotten during a Habs playoff run. Debts are excused. Infidelities are forgiven. Commitments are eschewed. As Montrealers we are focused on the mirth and minutiae of Les Glorieux. We live in the echoing resonance of Ginette Renos final notes. We are oblivious to all else. But, in the absence of that distraction, we are left to tend to the discard and detritus that is our lives. Have I filed my taxes? How long has that stain been on my pants? Have I paid my rent? Did Aunt Wreatha pass away? Are these evenmy pants? Was it Mothers Day recently? When the last time I showered? Did laundry? Ate a vegetable? The humbling truth of reality sets in, and it can be early August before weve trimmed our playoff beards, made amends for our indiscretions, and recovered from our revelry.Im still hopeful for a miracle. AsBarDowns Twitter feed noted, I am a glass half-full type of guy. Game three in New York could very well be where a legend is born, where a Humboldt, Saskatchewan native becomes this generations Ken Dryden, or Steve Penney, or Patrick Roy. And maybe Carey Prices knee recovers, and all of this worry, this fretting over what might have been returns to the hope of what just might be. And maybe spring stretches out a few more weeks. Until then there is only Dustin Tokarski and prayer. Or Peter Budaj. Frankly, I dont care who it is as long as they hold off summer just a little bit longer. Nick Chubb Browns Jersey . The football club recently announced an increase in season ticket prices in five of the seven categories at Investors Group Field for 2014. While most increases are in the two to three per cent range, the clubs most affordable season tickets will jump from $199 to $250 — a 26 per cent leap. Jarvis Landry Browns Jersey . Lawrie was hit on the hand by Cincinnati pitcher Johnny Cueto in the second inning of Sundays 4-3 loss to the Reds. http://www.brownsrookiestore.com/Browns-Carlos-Hyde-Jersey/ .C. Now hes squarely in the U.S. capital and helping the Washington Wizards playoff drive. John Wall scored 33 points, Gooden got 11 of his 21 in the final quarter and the Wizards overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit for a 101-94 win over the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday night.NEW YORK -- Spurs stars Tony Parker and Tim Duncan will not play Thursday night when San Antonio visits Brooklyn. Parker (lower back) left Wednesday nights game against Washington at halftime and did not return. The Spurs said the 37-year-old Duncan will miss the Nets game to rest after playing 40 minutes, hiss season high, in the double-overtime, 125-118 win over the Wizards. Antonio Callaway Jersey. San Antonios Boris Diaw was listed as questionable for the Nets game because of food poisoning. The Spurs also played at Washington without Manu Ginobili (left hamstring) and Kawhi Leonard (broken left hand). Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).