You only need one team

in Regeln und Informationen 08.10.2018 07:23
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Ender Inciarte Jersey .ca. Hi Kerry, So the Canucks are on the wrong side of a seven-minute power play (again) and this time, it was a 5-on-3 power play for the Ducks! In all my years of watching hockey, I have never seen a 5-on-3 power play for that length of time. Ive tried my best at looking at the play and I came up with a ruling of how I would have called it, would you agree with my assessment? Tom Sestito hits Mathieu Perreault before the whistle blows - watch closely and you can see Sestito hit Perreault before the whistle blows. Tim Jackman comes in with his stick high which is met with high sticks from a few other players. Sestito then drops the gloves and drags Jackman down. During this, Sami Vatanen comes in from the blue line and puts Jannik Hansen in a headlock. The linesman comes in and while Jackman is down on the ice, Sestito throws a couple more punches. Meanwhile, Hansen is trying to break free and drops his gloves thinking that hes with a willing combatant. But Vatanen keeps his gloves on and Hansen stops once hes separated. For this, I would define Jackmans actions after Sestito dropped Perreault as the beginning of the incident. As such, I dont think that an instigator should have been awarded here. To get them both out of the game, I would have given each five for fighting and a ten-minute misconduct. For Hansen, I would have given him either a double minor for roughing or a five for fighting and a ten minute misconduct. However, Vatanen coming in from the blue line and putting Hansen in a headlock deserved a two minute minor for roughing. This would have left the Ducks with a power play, but not a seven-minute 5-on-3! As always, I would love to get your opinion as its rare to hear a referee explain their calls in any sport. Would you like to see referees respond to questions from the media in the future? Gareth EvansRichmond, BC ----- Gareth, I like your assessment better than the seven minute 5-on-3 for a couple of reasons. 1) As you correctly pointed out there was some initial response from two Duck players (Tim Jackman and Sami Vatanen) that was not recognized in the penalty assessment. 2) The second issue I have is that with 7:11 remaining in a blow-out Duck win, any subsequent infraction that a Vancouver player might receive would be treated as a "delayed penalty" if it was assessed prior to the expiration of the major penalties incurred by Tom Sestito and Jannik Hansen. This scenario provides little deterrent for Vancouver players to restrain themselves from taking penalties. Also, the more goals the Ducks might score during the extended two-man advantage would only intensify the frustration that Vancouver players were already feeling. My objective in this situation would certainly be to remove the troublemakers from both sides to eliminate future confrontations or a potential gong-show. I would also want to manage players negative emotions if at all possible. As such, I would be very cognisant of not piling on, or further embarrassing the Canucks in a similar way that Temmu Selanne demonstrated class by not celebrating his second power play goal of the night to make the score 8-1. Selanne seemed almost reluctant to shoot the puck on the 5-on-3 at times. The shot he ultimately scored - his second power play goal of the night - was not one of his best efforts but it still found its way past Joacim Eriksson. Some game management - when the situation calls for it - is intelligent officiating! My penalty assessment on the play goes like this Gareth: Vancouver Tom Sestito - 2 minutes rough (on Perreault) - 2 minutes high sticking (on Jackman) - 5 minutes fighting (on Jackman)- 10 minutes misc. (continuation of a fight/resisting) Jannik Hansen - 2 minutes roughing - 5 minutes fighting- 10 minutes misconduct (continuation of a fight) Anaheim Tim Jackman - 2 minutes high stick sticking (on Sestito)- 5 minutes fighting (on Sestito) Sami Vatanen - 4 minutes roughing The end result is that Vancouver would play one man short for five minutes since the minor penalties would cancel out and Tim Jackmans fighting major would cancel with either Hansens or Sestitos. Either way, coach John Tortorella would place a man in the box prior to the expiration of the major penalty. Ronald Acuna Jr. Jersey .1 million contract. The club said that Boll will earn $950,000 in 2012-13 and $1.15 million in 2013-14. The 26-year-old Boll had two goals and one assist with 126 penalty minutes in 54 games with the Blue Jackets in 2011-12. R.A. Dickey Jersey . Coverage on TSN is underway now while action resumes on TSN2 at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. TSN GO also offers TSN subscribers bonus online coverage, with live streams of all four venues. http://www.thebravesteamshop.com/Braves-Bob-Uecker-Kids-Jersey/ . Coaches are now allowed to challenge both called and potential defensive pass interference fouls under certain conditions.INDIANAPOLIS -- Michael Sam needed no introduction. He provided one anyway, subtly spelling out his desire to be known simply as a football player whose sexuality isnt a national story. "Good afternoon. My name is Michael Sam. I play football for the University of Missouri," he said to commence his first public appearance since announcing hes gay. Sam smiled and laughed often during a 12 1/2-minute news conference at Lucas Oil Stadium, looking relaxed, jovial and confident while taking questions from the hundreds of reporters surrounding the podium. Despite credentials that include the Southeastern Conference co-defensive player of the year award, Sam is projected only as a mid-round pick in the draft in May. Hes 6-foot-2 and 260 pounds, falling somewhere between a defensive end in a 4-3 scheme and an outside linebacker in a 3-4 system. Where he winds up, Sam said he doesnt care. "Im a pass rusher. If you put me in a situation to get the quarterback, Im going to get the quarterback. Whoever coaches or GMs, this league is a passing league. Id like to believe in myself as a good pass rusher," Sam said. Hes not worried about being accepted, either, in light of the bullying scandal that emerged in Miami. "If the Miami Dolphins drafted me I would be excited to be a part of that organization," Sam said. "But Im not afraid of going into that environment. I know how to handlle myself. Hank Aaron Jersey. I know how to communicate with my teammates. I know how to communicate with the coaches and other staff I need to communicate with." Mostly, Sam wants to communicate this: "I just wish you guys would just see me as Michael Sam the football player instead of Michael Sam the gay football player." His former Missouri teammates certainly did. "Hes happy with who he is. He doesnt shy away from who he is. Mike Sam has got a lot of personality. Hes a great guy. Hes not going to be any different than who he is every day," said wide receiver LDamian Washington, one of several ex-Tigers stars here for the NFLs annual scouting combine. If Sam were to slip down the draft board, determining a bias against his orientation or a fear of the potential distraction would be near impossible. If teams pass on him, theyre likely unsure how his combination of size and speed fits with their defence. "You only need one team. One team that believes in you. Theres 32 teams. You need one team," Washington said. Coaches and executives around the league were asked often this weekend for their thoughts on how Sam would fit, both on the field and in the locker room. "He would be welcomed, no different than any other player we have," New York Jets coach Rex Ryan said, adding: "The big thing we always talk about is respect in our locker room." Cheap Baseball Braves Jerseys Cheap Baseball Marlins Jerseys Cheap Baseball Mets Jerseys Cheap Baseball Phillies Jerseys Cheap Baseball Nationals Jerseys Cheap Baseball Cubs Jerseys Cheap Baseball Reds Jerseys Cheap Baseball Brewers Jerseys Cheap Baseball Pirates Jerseys Cheap Baseball Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Baseball Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Baseball Rockies Jerseys Cheap Baseball Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Baseball Padres Jerseys Cheap Baseball Giants Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).