TORONTO - By the end of Thursdays three hour-and 32-minute, triple-overtime marathon, the longest game in franchise history, the

in Regeln und Informationen 16.12.2017 09:22
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

TORONTO - By the end of Thursdays three hour-and 32-minute, triple-overtime marathon, the longest game in franchise history, the Toronto Raptors had run out of gas while nearly running out of active bodies. Bastian Schweinsteiger Jersey . Two of the Raptors starters, along with their sixth man, had fouled out after gutting out a couple of extra periods playing hurt. One starter was absent, having left for the locker room earlier in the game with an injury and another was mired in one of the worst games in his professional career. "I feel like if we would have had everybody in the game, we probably would have come up with the win," said Amir Johnson, who - playing on a couple of sore ankles - picked up his sixth foul late in the first overtime, as his team went on to fall 132-129 to the Washington Wizards at home. Patrick Patterson was whistled for his sixth minutes earlier, while Kyle Lowry - hobbling on an ankle he tweaked going in for a potential game-winning drive at the end of regulation - fouled out two minutes before the night came to a merciful end. Terrence Ross, who scored a team-high 11 points in the first half, did not return for the second after he, too, suffered an ankle injury. As a team, the Raptors, until very late in the fourth, were outworked in a game that seemed to mean more to the visiting Wizards, losers of three straight to Toronto this season, than it did to the home team. Overall, Washington grabbed 18 offensive rebounds, registered 80 points in the paint, bested the Raptors 21-6 in second-chance points and held a 10-point edge in fast break scoring. Still, the Raptors were right there with a chance to steal a victory they probably didnt deserve at the end of regulation and as the clock expired to close the first OT period. "I like the way we battled," said coach Dwane Casey, "even through the foul trouble and also with injuries." "Coach told us before the game its going to be a playoff-atmosphere game," said DeMar DeRozan, the lone starter on the floor when the Wizards finally began to pull away in the third OT. "Thats what it was. We fought to the end, we just couldnt get no stops in overtime." DeRozan led the Raptors with 34 points in 57 minutes. Lowry logged 54 minutes, 13 in extra time, despite coming down awkwardly on his ankle after just missing the go-ahead layup ahead of the fourth-quarter buzzer. Again, the ball was in the hands of the Raptors point guard in a similar situation five minutes later when the trailing John Wall blocked his runner in the lane. "He stayed in the game, but he turned his ankle real bad on that play," Casey said. "I thought Kyle still battled on defence and I thought he was huge for us." How was his ankle feeling after the game? "Its great," Lowry said with a smirk on his face, withholding - not surprisingly - any pain from the hoard of media. "A game like this, the bumps and bruises hurt a little bit more," said Johnson, who had 16 points and nine rebounds in 42 minutes, "especially when you come up short and there were so many times we could have ended the game and won the game. It was a tough loss." “We wanted to win the game," Lowry added after just missing out on a triple-double with 18 points, 10 assists and nine rebounds. "At the end of the day, we go out there and try to win every single night. We dont try to just go out there and compete and say, ‘Oh, we gave it our best shot. We go out there and try to win every single game." Three-point shooting kept Toronto in striking distance as the Raptors knocked down 12 of their 30 attempts from long range, including four from Greivis Vasquez, who stepped up in Rosss stead. Vasquez recorded a season-high 26 points to go along with eight assists in 38 minutes off the bench, his most productive game since coming over in the December trade from Sacramento. With the win, the fifth-place Wizards avoided the season-series sweep with Toronto and pulled within two games of the Raptors for the third seed in the East. Although it was a long night for everyone involved - Casey ended up using all 13 players available to him - it couldnt have ended soon enough for Jonas Valanciunas, who had a game to forget. Once Patterson and Johnson fouled out in OT, Casey reluctantly went back to Valanciunas, though he had been sitting on the bench since late in the third quarter. Understandably, the 21-year-old was out of rhythm and lacking in the confidence department. It showed. The sophomore had difficulty keeping up with Marcin Gortat - who scored a career-best 31 points and grabbed 12 rebounds, seven of them offensive - and negated one of his own teams buckets on an offensive goaltending call. Casey rotated in the likes of Tyler Hansbrough and Chuck Hayes, Steve Novak and Landry Fields - the three had not played more than a few seconds until OT - when it became apparent the Raptors starting centre was causing more harm than good. Although Casey wouldnt point the finger at the young seven-footer, given the length of time he spent on the bench before re-entering, "it wasnt fair to Jonas," he said, Valanciunas was far more critical of himself after the loss. "I feel really sad," he said with his head down. "Weve got to learn from [our] mistakes. I feel really bad right now. I could do a much better job than what I did. Im going to watch the film, learn from it to not repeat it next game." Luckily, the Raptors will have a couple of days off to rest, recuperate and regroup before hosting the Golden State Warriors on Sunday, their only game in the next seven days. "We just go over the mistakes we made on film [and] clean them up," Johnson said. "It just makes you realize how much talent we have on this team, what we can do." "[Were] going to go over film, rest our bodies [and] come back strong." Antonio Valencia Jersey . Viewers in the Canadiens region can watch the game on TSN Canadiens at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. The game can also be heard on TSN Radio Montreal 690. The Calgary Flames will see if they can take their recent hot streak on the road when they shoot for a sixth consecutive win Monday night in Montreal. Memphis Depay Jersey . Langer appeared to be in trouble when his second shot on the par-5 18th ended up in the rough short of the green. He hit a brilliant pitch to 5 feet and made the putt after Slumans birdie attempt rolled just wide. http://www.jerseysmanchesterunitedsoccer.com/womens-anthony-martial-manchester-united-jersey/ . -- Albert Pujols is thrilled to have a reason to forget about his first two disappointing seasons with the Los Angeles Angels. CALGARY -- Pierre Lavertu has an experienced, successful guide on the Calgary Stampeders offensive line. Brett Jones was fresh out of university at Calgarys training camp a year ago. The centre from Weyburn, Sask., went on to become the first offensive lineman to be named the Canadian Football Leagues most outstanding rookie. The Stampeders hope Lavertu is also a quick study. Calgary swung a draft-day deal with Ottawa to make the Laval athlete the first overall pick May 13. The 24-year-old from Quebec City played centre for the Rouge et Or, but with Jones so successful at that position in 2013, Lavertu has worked most of the pre-season at guard. Jones may be two years younger than Lavertu, but hes helping usher the older rookie into professional football. "Hes given me advice and helped me during meetings. He sits behind me," Lavertu said Tuesday at McMahon Stadium. "Brett is an inspiration for me because he did everything well. He has great technique, good footwork, he knows everything thats happening on the field." Jon Gott, who was dealt to the expansion Redblacks for the first pick in the draft, and the retired Dimitri Tsoumpas mentored Jones in his first year in the league, so Jones wants to pay it forward. "They just made sure I was welcomed into the group," Jones said. "Were known as a unit. I just want whats best for the offensive line." Lavertu, who is six foot three and 298 pounds, won three Vanier Cups and was a three-time CIS all-star with Laval. He was surprised Calgary drafted him because of Jones, but Lavertu is also excited at the prospect of blocking for star running back Jon Cornish. Luke Shaw Jersey. "If they want me to play guard, Im going to play guard," Lavertu said. "Its the opportunity theyve given to me. Im going to take it and do the best I can to be successful at right guard. "We have Jon Cornish and a lot of good running backs. I love to run-block for him. When you run the ball like that and control the clock like that, you are going to win." Lavertu played right guard in the first half and returned to centre for the second when Jones came out of Saturdays pre-season win over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Calgary rushed for 193 yards in a 23-20 victory. The Stampeders are in Vancouver to face the Lions in another pre-season game Friday. Calgary hosts Montreal in their regular-season opener June 28. As Jones did, Lavertu must adapt to the quicker pace of the pro game as well the calibre of the oppositions defensive line. "Theres a lot more things hes responsible for and the talent hes going against every play is equal (to him) or better," Calgary offensive line coach Pat DelMonaco said. "You have to factor in some of them have five, six or seven years of experience." The six-foot-two, 321-pound Jones says Lavertu makes the same errors he did in his early days as a Stampeder. "I made a ton of mistakes," Jones said. "Youre going to make mistakes and its just not making the same mistake twice. "Hes doing great. This offence isnt that easy. You can just see hes making those changes and just making those improvements to get better. Whenever he gets a chance to play, Im excited to play beside him and hope the best for him." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).