DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. [url=http://www.baseballangelslockroom.com/cliff-pennington-angels-jerse y/]Cliff Pennington Jersey[/url] . -

in Regeln und Informationen 15.12.2017 04:36
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. Cliff Pennington Jersey . -- A 67-car field, an unusually low attrition rate and a relatively tight road course turned an endurance race into a pushing and shoving match. And no one was immune. The result: dinged and damaged cars at every turn at the Rolex 24 at Daytona. "It feels like you are playing poker every time you are passing a slower car," driver Sebastien Bourdais said. "Hopefully by the end of the race, there are fewer cars on track and people start to figure out a little bit more where they need to be on the race track because it feels like there are some terrorists out there." The merger of the American Le Mans Series and the Grand-Am Series created a crowded field for the 52nd running of the Rolex 24. And with few cars getting knocked out early, traffic around Daytona International Speedways 3.56-mile road course became problematic for everyone involved. Complicating the situation, many of the sports car drivers have considerably less experience than the professionals. "Its not a criticism; I think every series has this," Indianapolis 500 winner and Chip Ganassi Racing driver Tony Kanaan said. "We probably need to ask, Do we need them? ... Would I like to see only professionals? 100 per cent. Is that going to happen? 100 per cent not. Its part of it and thats the risk we take, but yes, there are guys there that if I teach you how to drive in two days, youd be better." Kanaan offered examples of some of the strange moves he encountered during his seat time. "I remember when I used to drive with my father, my mom would say, Im not worried about you. Im worried about other people," Kanaan said. "Its the same thing here. You have no idea what they are going to do. You think they are going to turn left and they turn right. Somebody has their left blinker on and you are thinking hes going to the left, and then he goes to the right. "They dont know where to stop if they have a problem, and they panic when they see something in front of them and hit the brakes and spin. I think thats part of this race." Kanaans sentiments were echoed throughout the garage. "I strongly believe there are some people out there who should not be out there," Ganassi driver and three-time IndyCar champion Scott Dixon said. "They are going to hurt somebody or hurt themselves." Added Action Express Christian Fittipaldi: "Its wild out there. Of all the eight races Ive done here, this is definitely the worst." The track at Le Mans is longer and has more straightaways, which provide drivers more chances to pass and more opportunities and take a break from the stress of traffic. Its far from similar at Daytona. "You literally could do a double stint and not get a single clean lap," DeltaWing driver Andy Meyrick said. "Its tough on the driver because youre constantly in traffic." Mike Trout Jersey . Onyshko, from Minnedosa, Man., will compete in artistic gymnastics while Hanet, from Kelowna, B.C., will compete in lawn bowling as a para-athlete. "It is exciting that our Canadian athletes are starting to arrive at the Games Village," said Chantal Petitclerc, Canadas Chef de Mission. Cameron Maybin Jersey .ca/CurlingSkins - with the Top 16 curlers earning a ticket to Banff, Alta. to compete in the TRAVELERS ALL-STAR CURLING SKINS GAME Presented by Pintys, running Jan. http://www.baseballangelslockroom.com/garrett-richards-angels-jersey/ . Forward Iker Muniain scored the winner in the 70th minute after Bilbaos incessant pressure recovered the ball and sparked a counterattack inside Barcelonas half. Neymar was once again tagged to pick up Messis goal-scoring duties, but when he wasnt frustrated by slippery footing Bilbaos defence got the better of him.RIO DE JANEIRO - Lori Chalupny was called one of the top five players in the world a few years ago by a former coach.Last year her current club coach Rory Dames at the Chicago Red Stars described her as a top-five player in the National Womens Soccer League.Yet, despite playing for professional club teams, Chalupny hasnt played for the United States national team in five years, sidelined by a history of concussions that left officials uncomfortable about selecting her.That changes this week in Brazil, where Chalupny has returned to the U.S. squad for a four-team tournament, starting Wednesday, in the capital Brasilia against Brazil, China and Argentina. Shes hoping to make the final American team for next years World Cup in Canada.She (Chalupny) went to U.S. Soccer and went through a very extensive process — went through a medical screening — and she got cleared, U.S. Coach Jill Ellis said in an interview in Brazil with The Associated Press. She was one of the best players in the NWSL the last few seasons, and if she was available for selection I was going to bring her.Concussions have become an issue in soccer. High-profile incidents of injured player staying on the field in this years mens World Cup in Brazil prompted FIFA — soccers world governing body — to give referees powers to halt play while head injuries are assessed.Chalupny, who figured she had little chance to return, said she contacted U.S. Soccer earlier this year about another chance. She was asked to undergo two independent examinations, and U.S. Soccers chief medical officer George Chiampas eventually cleared her return.Im beyond excited for this opportunity, Chalupny said on a conference call. When everything happened, a couple of years ago, I understood U.S. Soccers position. ... Hearing the news was not easy to takee, but I definitely understand U. Martin Maldonado Jersey. S. Soccers position. That being said, I feel great.Head injuries were again the focus last year when American striker Abby Wambach, probably the Americans most famous player, was allowed to continue playing in a club match despite a clear concussion. Studies seem to show that female soccer players sustain more concussions than male players.I definitely would not be playing, and I wouldnt have been playing these last five years, if I felt that I was at potential risk, Chalupny said.Chalupny has 92 caps for the U.S., eight goals and won a gold medal in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. She was also in the third-place team at the 2007 World Cup in China. She hasnt played a match for the United States since 2009.She can play anywhere — forward, midfield or defence — and as a left-footed player, she is a natural to fill the spot at left back.I saw her in the 2008 Olympics and I thought she was the best left back in the world, absolutely, Ellis said. She hasnt played at this level for a long time and there is an adjustment, but based on her level of play in the league, shell be able to impact this roster.The No. 1-ranked Americans have a training camp in January, followed by friendlies in Europe prior to the Algarve Cup in Portugal. A team official said the World Cup team would probably be named about a month before the World Cup opens June 6.Ellis said several players have been rotating at left-back and competition will be tough. She said Chalupny had not played in three months and lacked match fitness.Im not sure how many minutes — if any — she (Chalupny) will get in this tournament, Ellis said. We have new players, veterans. The reality is they are all competing for spots.___Stephen Wade on Twitter: http://twitter.com/StephenWadeAP Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).