I think Bostons ready.

in Regeln und Informationen 21.09.2018 08:00
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. Thurman Thomas Jersey . This week, they give a special NHL playoff edition of Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, where the panel gives their Stanley Cup winner prediction. Bruce Arthur, National Post My thumb is up to the Boston Bruins who I think are going to be the 2014 Stanley Cup champions. Remember last season, there was a thought that Claude Julien would get fired if they lost to the Toronto Maple Leafs in the first round and jeopardy could extend all the way up to the general managers chair and they did what they did. I think theyre in better shape heading into the playoffs then they were last season, when they had a compressed schedule following the Boston Marathon bombings, they were a tired team in the first round and really, more than anything, they have the easiest road to the Stanley Cup Final of any Stanley Cup contender. I think Bostons ready. Steve Simmons, SUN Media It hurts me to say this just because of the history but Im going thumbs up to the San Jose Sharks, who year in and year out disappoint at this time of year, but I look at this team and all that size up front. The move of Joe Pavelski to left wing has really completed this forward group nicely and I think Marc-Edouard Vlasics play at the Olympics taught him that hes a big-time guy now. He can elevate his game and I think that team, with Todd McLellan coaching, can come out of the west and can beat the Boston Bruins. Theyre too big and theyre too fast. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated My thumb is up to the Chicago Blackhawks because consistency is the hob gobble in little minds and nobody has a littler mind than I do. I picked them at the start of the year, I picked them at the deadline, and Im picking them now because Patrick Kanes going to be back, Jonathan Toews is going to be back, and because the Blackhawks have the best defenceman in the Stanley Cup tournament in Duncan Keith. Dave Hodge, TSN Im going to go through the apparently easy route in the east and say thumbs up to the Presidents Trophy winning Boston Bruins. Sure, they dont win as often as they lose but in this case, this is the best home team in the NHL, lots of playoff experience, theyre obviously good defensively, good goaltending, good special teams and they are reasonably healthy. Then theres that Eastern Conference path to the Stanley Cup Final again, and I think that ends up being the bottom line for my reason to pick Boston. Logan Thomas Jersey . -- Syracuse was dangerously close to letting another less talented opponent pull off the upset when C. Marshall Newhouse Jersey .C. -- Al Jefferson knows few people will be giving the Charlotte Bobcats a chance to upset the Miami Heat in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. http://www.thebillsgearshop.com/Bills-Russell-Bodine-Draft-Jersey/ . And yet as they left TD Garden amid the slush and snow of a winter storm on Thursday evening, there was a sense among the Leafs that they had finally stood toe to toe with their long-time bully, only to fall just short. LOS ANGELES -- Zack Greinke scattered six hits through 6 1-3 innings, Adrian Gonzalez homered and the Los Angeles Dodgers beat Tampa Bay 5-0 Saturday despite the Rays hidden ball trick. Skip Schumaker added four hits for the NL West leaders. Tampa Bay lost its fourth straight, matching their longest skid this year. Most everything went well for the Dodgers, except when Tampa Bay got tricky. Rays third baseman Evan Longoria tagged out an unsuspecting Juan Uribe when he lifted his foot off the bag while chatting with coach Tim Wallach in the fourth inning. The rarely seen play occurred after A.J. Ellis hit a bases-loaded sacrifice fly, with all three runners moving up as centre fielder Wil Myers threw toward the plate. First baseman James Loney wound up with the ball behind the mound. He flipped it to shortstop Yunel Escobar, who then quickly tossed the ball to Longoria while no one seemed to be looking. Longoria stood behind Uribe and waited for the right moment to trap him. Umpire Angel Hernandez was right on the play, watching the whole time, and made the out call. Greinke (10-3) struck out seven and walked one. The 2009 AL Cy Young winner is 6-1 with a 2.49 ERA in his 10 home starts. The Dodgers bullpen finished the job, lowering its ERA since the All-Star break to 1.89. Formeer Rays left-hander J. Eddie Yarbrough Jersey. P. Howell retired both batters he faced in the seventh and rookie Chris Withrow pitched two scoreless innings. Roberto Hernandez (6-12) gave up five runs and eight hits in four innings. It was the fifth time in eight games that Rays manager Joe Maddon had to replace his starting pitcher before the fifth inning was over. Prior to this stretch, the team got at least five innings from a starter in 32 consecutive games. Gonzalez ended a 16-game homer drought when he hit his 16th homer, a two-run shot. Gonzalez later added his first steal of the season. Nick Punto had a two-run single in the third. NOTES: Dodgers OF Yasiel Puig, batting .376 through his first 59 major league games, was intentionally walked his last two times up in front of Andre Ethier. ... The Dodgers have won 15 of Greinkes 19 starts. He has a 1.66 ERA over his last seven outings. ... Tampa Bay has committed just seven errors in its last 44 games, including closer Fernando Rodneys game-ending throwing miscue in the ninth inning Friday night. ... Tampa Bay RHP Jamey Wright, who made 66 relief appearances for the Dodgers last year, has played more seasons in the majors (18) than any active player who hasnt been to the post-season. The Rays are his 10th big league club. Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys Cheap Clippers Jerseys Cheap Lakers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Rockets Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).