Lester earned the win, allowing one run in seven innings

in Regeln und Informationen 20.09.2018 07:47
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

BOSTON - Max Scherzer is hard to faze. Marcus Cannon Jersey . Detroits right-hander wasnt bothered by a 47-minute rain delay in the fourth inning Friday night and wasnt flustered when the game restarted 10 minutes earlier than anticipated. And as for the defending World Series champions? They hardly troubled him at all. Scherzer tossed six shutout innings, outdueling Boston ace Jon Lester and leading the Tigers to a 1-0 win over the Red Sox in the opener of a three-game series. "The rain delay had no effect on me," said Scherzer, who won his sixth straight start and lowered his league-leading ERA to 1.83. "When I went back out there for the fourth, it was the same." So was his stuff. The reigning AL Cy Young Award winner allowed just three hits over six-plus innings before being removed after a leadoff single by Mike Carp in the seventh. "This might have been the best his stuff has been all year," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. Scherzer (6-1) disagreed, citing a below-average changeup and his four walks, one of which was intentional. "Its always going to drive me crazy when Im not throwing first-pitch strikes and when Im walking guys," said Scherzer, who struck out seven. "Even though I wasnt able to do that tonight, when runners were on base I was still able to make big-time pitches." Joba Chamberlain retired the side in the eighth and closer Joe Nathan pitched a perfect ninth for his 11th save of the season. Torii Hunter delivered an RBI single in the first inning for the Tigers, playing their first game against the Red Sox since losing last years American League Championship Series in six games. Times have changed. Detroit has baseballs best record at 25-12, winning 13 of its last 16 games and nine in a row on the road. Scherzer is a major reason why. He faced the minimum through three innings before rain halted play with one out in the top of the fourth. While it definitely put a damper on the marquee matchup of aces, the delay barely slowed Scherzer, who stayed warm by throwing in the cages and was ready to go when the game restarted ahead of schedule. "For me, once I was able to get loose, I felt the same," he said. Had the delay lasted longer, Scherzers night may have prematurely come to an end. "Right around an hour would have been too much," Ausmus said. "Theres a little bit of a grey area on either side of that, but if it had gone much longer, he probably would have been done." Following the delay, David Ortiz recorded Bostons first hit with a two-out single in the fourth, but was left on base when Scherzer fanned Carp. David Ross singled to begin the sixth but was stranded on third when Scherzer struck out Napoli. "I didnt pitch my best, but when runners were on base and I needed to make big pitches, I made big pitches," Scherzer said. "Thats the difference in the game." Lester (4-5) exited the game after five innings and 94 pitches. He gave up just one run on four hits with seven strikeouts and three walks. "With the rain delay, we were in that situation nearly an hour and werent going to push Jon more than the five innings tonight," Boston manager John Farrell said. "But to think one run in the first inning was going to be the difference, probably didnt anticipate that." Lester laboured through a 27-pitch first inning, highlighted by Hunters run-scoring single that plated Ian Kinsler, who singled. "I actually felt better coming out of the rain delay then I did coming into the game," Lester said. "I felt like I threw the ball a lot better the last two innings than I did the first three. I felt like I could have gone one more, but it wasnt my decision." NOTES: Lester and Scherzer had faced off just once before, on Sept. 3, 2013, in a 2-1 Boston victory. Lester earned the win, allowing one run in seven innings with nine strikeouts and no walks. Scherzer yielded two runs over seven innings. ... Cabrera entered the game batting .522 (12 for23) with one homer in his career against Lester. He went 0 for 2 with a walk Friday. ... Ortizs fifth-inning single extended his season-long hitting streak to nine games. ... Detroit reliever Evan Reed was called for a balk in the seventh. Andre Tippett Jersey . On Saturday, the paths of Drew Tate and Kevin Glenn cross again as opposing quarterbacks. Danny Etling Jersey .J. -- All those records, all for naught. http://www.patriotsauthenticshop.com/Patriots-Vincent-Valentine-Draft-Jersey/ . -- Down to 10 men and behind on the scoreboard, Toronto FC displayed its perseverance.Middlesbroughs promotion hopes suffered a blow after they were denied victory at Birmingham. Boro drew 2-2 at St Andrews to move top of the Sky Bet Championship by a point, but they were left frustrated after Daniel Ayalas goal was ruled out for offside - video replays showing the defender in an onside position with the score locked at 2-2.Jordan Rhodes and Gaston Ramirez had given the visitors the lead after Stephen Gleesons opener, but David Davis fine strike earned Birmingham an entertaining draw. Middlesbrough thought they had scored a crucial winner against Birmingham Middlesbroughs future is still in their own hands as they face Brighton on the final day with the Seagulls a point behind in third and a win would end Boros seven-year exile from the Premier League.But they face an anxious wait until Monday when Brighton host Derby and Burnley, who sit second, welcome QPR. Both games are live Sky Sports.All three started the day on 87 points and Boro will count the cost of a host of missed chances. Reaction from Daniel Ayala and Grant Leadbitter after Birmingham and Middlesbrough drew 2-2 at St Andrews It took until the the 25th minute for them to carve out an opening - and it was a glorious one which Rhodes should have taken.Grant Leadbitter barged his way through in the middle and when the ball ricocheted to Rhodes, the Scotland international was left with just Adam Legzdins to beat but the goalkeeper made a superb sprawling save.Two minutes later the hosts almost took the lead when Dimi Konstantopoulos palmed Maikel Kieftenbelds drive away and then claimed Clayton Donaldsons tame follow-up. Birmingham City manager Gary Rowett praised his players after the 2-2 draw with promotion chasing Middlesbrough The game suddenly opened up and Legzdins raced off his line to deny Rhodes again before Birmingham struck first after 33 minutes. Rex Burkhead Jersey. Loanee Ritchie De Laet - who will earn a Premier League winners medal if Leicester win the title - could only clear as far as Gleeson and the midfielder was given too much time to steady himself and while Konstantopoulos got a hand to his 25-yard drive, he could not keep it out.Boro hit back almost immediately when Legzdins thwarted Albert Adomah but the keeper then undid all his fine work with a fumble five minutes before the break. Birmingham City keeper Adam Legzdins gifted Middlesbrough a first-half equaliser The visitors were awarded a free kick 25-yards out and Legzdins spilled Ramirezs strike straight to Rhodes who bundled in from four yards.The chances continued to flow after the break as Ryan Shottons header dropped just wide before Boro missed three golden chances in the space of 10 seconds. Middlesbrough manager Aitor Karanka gives his post-match reaction after his sides 2-2 draw against Birmingham First, Rhodes volleyed Leadbitters free-kick against the post, only to then block Adomahs follow-up and see Ramirez fire a third attempt over the bar, but Boro finally took the lead after 57 minutes with a goal of true simplicity.Adomahs deep cross found Rhodes peeling off at the far post and his header across goal was met by Ramirez to nod in from barely a yard. Birmingham Citys Jonathan Grounds and Middlesbroughs Albert Adomah battle for the ball Back came Birmingham, though, and Davis levelled 11 minutes later with a brilliant half-volley from the edge of the area after Ayala could only half clear.And an enthralling game continued to spark within 90 seconds when Ayala had a goal ruled out for offside having curled into the far corner from 12 yards.Boro then almost lost the game when Diego Fabbrini headed over and Konstanopoulos twice denied David Cotterill in the final 10 minutes.But Leadbitter nearly won it with two minutes left when Legzdins turned his rasping drive onto the bar. Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys Cheap Clippers Jerseys Cheap Lakers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Rockets Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Raptors Jerseys Cheap Pistons Jerseys Cheap Team USA Basketball Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).