e most since they won 92 in 1989

in Regeln und Informationen 20.09.2018 07:46
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

NEW YORK – This was nothing new to the L. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Juanfran-Jersey/ .A. Kings. Time and time again in these playoffs, theyve stared adversity dead in the eye and come out on top. So when Justin Williams, holder of two Cups himself, looked around the dressing room at his teammates after 40 minutes of Game 2 – his team trailing by two goals for the fourth time in three games – he saw not doubt or fear of the Rangers snatching momentum of the 2014 Final, but belief - cold, hard belief. “Were not a team that wilts under the pressure,” said Williams, owner of 23 points in the playoffs. “Were a team that goes out and wants to make a difference and gets it. I feel thats a big reason why weve made it so far.” Three grueling series this spring, all stretched to the max opposite the very best the West had to offer, each dotted with varying threats to a second Cup in three years. But at every point along the way these Kings have found a little something extra – another gear, another goal, another save – unwavering in their ability to overcome a challenge, however tall or insurmountable it may seem. “Every series, every game, every year you play in the league you go through experiences that ultimately will help you in certain situations and I feel together as a team weve been through almost all them you could imagine and weve pulled through,” said Williams, who boasts 949 career NHL games, including 112 in the postseason. “So when were down do we feel comfortable? No, we dont feel comfortable, but we feel like were able to come back. “Belief is a very underrated attribute and we have that going on within our team right now.” It was another 2-0 pit at Staples Center on Saturday evening – the third such hole in as many games – just another obstacle for the Western Conference champs. But in familiar fashion (they did it against the Sharks, Ducks and Hawks) the silver and black forced their way back into the fold, ultimately dashing the Rangers hopes yet again in (double) overtime. Remarkably, the Kings have yet to lead at any point in regulation in the Final and still boast a commanding 2-0 series lead. “We find ourselves in the same situation regurgitating the same mumbo jumbo every time, but were in a results oriented league and the results are were up 2-0,” said Williams. “I dont care how we got here.” Another Cup, thus, appears close at hand for the 32-year-old and an always plucky bunch from southern California. Forty-eight teams have taken a 2-0 series lead in the Final since 1939 with all but five going on to capture the games top prize, including L.A. in 2012. But for whatever history might say the Kings know full well that theres plenty of game left, their own checkered track record in these playoffs the best proof of that. It was L.A. on the mat and apparently down for the count in round one against the Sharks – they rallied with four straight wins – and then seemingly in control against the Ducks in round two – they were up 2-0 in the series before losing three straight – before another dose of Game 7 magic was required. “Obviously momentums a huge part of playoff hockey and once a team has it its important to try to switch the tide in your favour as quick as possible,” said Dwight King from the teams hotel, sitting directly across from Central Park, his controversial third period goal timely in the 5-4 victory. “Teams dont make it this far out of luck,” Williams added. “Do we feel weve broken them? No, absolutely not. We should know that more than anybody; that its tough to put a team down. Especially when youre playing for the Stanley Cup its going to be hard to put a team down, but we need to try to step a little bit more on the throat tomorrow.” Finding their way to the borough of Manhattan on Sunday afternoon (after an early cross-country flight), the city buzzing with a flurry excitement at the Rangers first appearance in the Final in 20 years, the Kings exuded a quiet, knowing confidence, mindful of the improved start theyll need at MSG on Monday night and yet self-assured in their ability to handle whatever challenges Game 3 might throw their way. Williams knew what he saw of his teammates in that dressing room just a day earlier – “I saw a prepared team that knew what they had to do” – and he knows as well as anyone that more, much more will be needed in the days ahead. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Filipe-Luis-Jersey/ . The win puts Arsenal four points clear of Everton in fourth place with two games to play in the Premier League, a position which would qualify the club for Europes top competition for the 17th straight year. Atletico Madrid Jerseys . The 48th-ranked Williams made her first appearance in Dubai since she won her second straight title here in 2010. Shed missed the last three years either because of injury or Sjogrens Syndrome. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Nikola-Kalinic-Jersey/ . Sizemore, who turned 29 on Jan. 4, has been limited to six games over the past two seasons because of an injured left knee that twice required surgery. He originally got hurt on Feb. 25, 2012, during a fielding drill in Oaklands first full-squad spring training workout and had surgery that March 21 to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament.A generation of fans have never seen the Kansas City Royals play a postseason game. Thatll change on Tuesday when the Royals host the Oakland Athletics in the American League wild card game at Kauffman Stadium. There have been 713 playoff games contested in Major League Baseball since Kansas City beat the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 7 of the 1985 World Series. None of those games, though, have involved the Royals, who return to the playoffs for the first time in 29 years. Kansas City ended the year 89-73, just one game back of the American League Central champion Detroit Tigers. The Royals actually had a chance to force a playoff game for a division title with a win and Detroit loss on the final day of the regular season, but the Tigers won their game against Minnesota to lock up the title. When I went into Spring Training, I felt like 90 wins would have a good chance of winning the division and we got 89 and, of course, Detroit got 90 and I was right, Kansas City manager Ned Yost said. (Our players) are still ready for the challenge ahead. There have been teams that have won the World Series from the wild card game and they know that. Thanks to a terrific starting staff and a mighty effort from the bullpen, the 89 victories by the Royals were the most since they won 92 in 1989. Kansas Citys bullpen trio of Greg Holland, Kelvin Herrera and Wade Davis is truly a formidable force, having combined for a 1.28 ERA and 258 strikeouts in 205 1/3 innings in the regular season. That makes life a whole lot easier for Tuesday starter James Shields, who certainly earned his Big Game moniker down the stretch, as Kansas City won four of the right-handers five starts in September. Shields also pitched to a 2.31 ERA in the final month, his second-lowest monthly mark behind the 1.60 ERA he posted in April. This is what its all about, said Shields, who ended the year 14-8 with a 3.21 ERA. This is what playoff baseball is all about. Youve got to push aside some of your aches and pains and go after it. Shields is no stranger to the postseason, having appeared in six games for the Tampa Bay Rays and has gone 2-4 with a 4.98 ERA. When I came over here, I knew exactly what was going on, said Shields. I knew that this citys been wanting a championship team for a long time, and a playoff team. Hopefully we did the city proud. Weve got a long way to go still, but were going to keep grinding. Oakland, meanwhile, is very lucky to be in this position, as it was one of the worst teams in baseball after the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline that saw the Athletics acquire left-hander Jon Lester from Boston for slugger Yoenis Cespedes. Starting with a series loss in Kansas City from Aug. 11-14, the As dropped eight of their final 14 series and 30 of their last 46 games. But thanks to a remarkable first half, they ended the year, 88-74 In fact, Oaklands post-All-Star break winning percentage of .433 is the lowest in MLB history for a team that reached the postseason. We went through some real challenges this year, but those things can make you tougher, too, Oakland manager Bob Mellvin said. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Diego-Godin-Jersey/. Its a relief off everyones shoulders that were here now, took the journey that we did. Were in, and I know Im going to sleep better tonight. While the Royals are appearing in their first postseason game in decades, the As are back in the playoffs for the third straight year and for the 26th time in franchise history. Only the New York Yankees (51), Los Angeles Dodgers (28) and St. Louis Cardinals (27) have been to the postseason more. Ive been saying the last two weeks, if we get in, the last two months would be forgotten. And now I can say that with confidence, said Josh Reddick. All the naysayers and the negative vibes, theyre all gone now. We got in. Ive been saying it for months -- two division titles, out Game 5, get in with the wild card, Win the whole thing. Oaklands struggles may be traced back to the Lester deal, but he certainly cant be blamed. The left-hander is probably the main reason the As were able to hold on, as he went 10-7 after the deal with a 2.52 ERA. We had Jon targeted for this, said Melvin. Thats why you have a guy like that. When he takes the mound, the teams going to feel awfully good about their chances. Plus Lester has owned the Royals over the course of his career, going 9-3 with a 1.84 ERA in 13 career starts against them, including 3-0 with a 2.61 ERA in three outings against them this season. And he no-hit the Royals in 2008. Lester owns one of the most impressive postseason resumes around, going 6-4 with a 2.11 ERA in 11 starts and two relief appearances in October. That includes two starts in the World Series last year in which he allowed one earned run in 15 1/3 innings. Hes the top pitcher in the game right now to have in that spot, Reddick added. Weve all seen what hes done with the Red Sox. Weve got nothing but confidence in him. After 2,001 big league games, Oakland slugger Adam Dunn, who was picked up in an August deal with Chicago, will play in his first postseason game on Tuesday. He had held the distinction of being the active player with the most career games without a postseason appearance. To be honest with you, its what you work for your whole career and I dont know how fair it is that I get there with the fruits of their labor, but beggars cant be choosers, said Dunn, who joined the As on Sept. 1. Im happy. Kansas Citys nearly historic bullpen went 72-1 in the regular season when leading after seven innings and 79-1 when leading after eight. The As, meanwhile, led the majors with 13 wins when trailing after seven and eight wins when trailing after eight. I think its a similar matchup, said As shortstop Jed Lowrie. They have a really strong bullpen, I think we do, too, and its going to be two frontline starters pitching for one big game. It should be a good game. The As and Royals have met once in the playoffs -- in the 1981 AL Division Series, which Oakland swept, 3-0. The Royals, though, won five of the seven regular season matchups this year. Tuesdays winner will face the AL West champion Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in the ALDS beginning on Thursday. Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys Cheap Clippers Jerseys Cheap Lakers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Rockets Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Raptors Jerseys Cheap Pistons Jerseys Cheap Team USA Basketball Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).