The decision by Witten would mean the lead analyst job at all three networks will be held by former players who spent their enti

in Residenz des Hokage 17.09.2018 09:57
von elaine95 • Sannin | 618 Beiträge

Two games into their first-round playoff series Duke Riley Jersey , Milwaukee point guard Eric Bledsoe and his Boston counterpart, Terry Rozier, still seem to be having trouble remembering each other’s names.

Maybe it’s the sign of a festering feud with the Celtics up 2-0 as the series shifts to Milwaukee. Perhaps it’s a case of Bluegrass State bragging rights between Bledsoe, who played at Kentucky, and Rozier, who played at Louisville, though they never faced each other in college.

Or it could be just a case of good-natured gamesmanship between two competitors.

Through two games, it is advantage Rozier with Game 3 coming up Friday night.

He had 23 points in Game 2 on 8-of-14 shooting, including 3 of 5 from the 3-point line, to match his postseason career scoring high set in Game 1. Rozier is shooting 7 of 16 from beyond the arc so far this series.

So much for the Celtics being at a disadvantage at the point without Kyrie Irving, who is out for the playoffs following knee surgery.

”We’ve talked about his competitiveness, his athleticism and his work ethic being at the highest level. That usually lends to good players improving quickly Fred Warner Jersey ,” coach Brad Stevens said about Rozier.

Irving’s absence seemed to tilt the point guard matchup toward the Bucks, especially with Bledsoe playing well at the end of the year. Traded from Phoenix earlier in the season, Bledsoe was eager for his first taste of the postseason since 2013, when he was with the Clippers.

Bledsoe is averaging 10.5 points against Boston, but the offense has been plagued in part by turnovers. He fouled out in Game 1.

”My offense will come. I’m not worried about that. I’m just worried about playing great defense and helping my teammates while I’m out there,” Bledsoe said after practice Thursday.

The bulletin-board material between the ball-handlers has become just as engrossing a story line.

”I ain’t got no bad blood with nobody,” Rozier said in Boston. ”I’m not caught up in that. I’m worried about Celtics and Bucks and how can I help my team get past the first round.”

Except that Rozier may have triggered this made-for-social media spat by calling the Bucks guard ”Drew Bledsoe” after Game 1 on Sunday. Drew Bledsoe is the former quarterback of the New England Patriots.

”Yeah I made a huge mistake,” Rozier said with a chuckle. ”But it is what it is now.”

After Game 2 on Tuesday, Bledsoe was asked about Rozier.

”Who? I don’t even know who that is,” Bledsoe responded, adding an expletive.

Bledsoe struck a similar tone after practice on Thursday. When asked about Rozier by name, Bledsoe responded: ”Who?”

”I’m focused on this series Tedric Thompson Jersey , man, between Milwaukee and Boston right now. I’m just trying to help the team win,” Bledsoe said. ”That’s what point guards do.”

Playing in front of a home crowd might help get the Bucks going. This is the last postseason for the franchise in the Bradley Center, with a new arena next door scheduled to open the in the fall.

Bucks coach Joe Prunty said he hadn’t spoken to Bledsoe about his comments.

”I think there’s a lot of talking that takes place,” he added. ”What I’m more concerned about is what we do on the basketball court and how we play.”

Now it’s time for Rozier to show if he can be just as effective in the playoffs on the road.

”Down 0-2, going back to their place where you know they’re going to come out aggressive,” Rozier said. ”We’re coming out, we’re still going to be aggressive and we’re coming in to win.”

AP Sports Writer Kyle Hightower in Boston contributed to this story.

More NBA basketball: Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten plans to retire after 15 seasons and join ESPN as its lead analyst for the "Monday Night Football" telecast, the network reported Friday.

Witten met with owner and general manager Jerry Jones, who said no announcement was coming Friday. Jones said he had several conversations with Witten this week and indicated the franchise leader in games, catches and yards receiving hadn't made a final decision.

"He has some things to think about and discuss with his family from a professional perspective," Jones said before the introductory news conference for first-round pick Leighton Vander Esch.

"He also told me those things are going to require a few more days of consideration Jason Pierre-Paul Jersey , at least through the weekend. He has not made any decisions that are definite at this time."

Jones said the Cowboys would have no other comment on Witten's future the rest of the weekend, which includes the last two days of the NFL draft on Friday and Saturday.

The news on the second day of the draft could affect Dallas' plans just a week after Witten suggested he might play until he was 40 and intended to return this coming season. Witten turns 36 early next month.

If Witten leaves Dallas, it's the second straight year that a Cowboys star is retiring to go into broadcasting. Former quarterback Tony Romo became the lead analyst for CBS last season.

Witten is also the franchise leader in consecutive games, starts and consecutive starts. The 10-time Pro Bowler will finish tied with defensive end Ed "Too Tall" Jones, safety Bill Bates and late offensive lineman Mark Tuinei for most seasons in franchise history.

The decision by Witten also would mean the Cowboys have lost two of their top three players in career touchdown catches this month. The club released receiver Dez Bryant, the club leader with 73 TD grabs, in a cost-cutting move. Witten is third with 68, three behind Hall of Famer Bob Hayes.

A third-round pick out of Tennessee in 2003, Witten had 1,152 catches for 12,448 yards. He and Tony Gonzalez are the only tight ends with at least 1,000 catches and 10 O. J. Howard Jersey ,000 yards.

But stats and flash never really defined Witten, always praised by coach Jason Garrett as the best two-way tight end in the NFL because of his blocking ability.

Even though he was still active, the team paid tribute to him in its new practice facility with a huge picture of Witten running down the field against Philadelphia in 2007 without his helmet, which was knocked off on a hit as he stayed on his feet and kept going for almost 30 yards.

The decision by Witten would mean the lead analyst job at all three networks will be held by former players who spent their entire careers with the Cowboys. The other is Fox's Troy Aikman, who won three Super Bowls as quarterback in the 1990s.

Witten and Romo spent 14 seasons together, but never got the Cowboys to the NFC championship game. Dallas won two wild-card games with them, but lost both times in the divisional round.

Womens Brian Allen Jersey

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).