In October and early November

in Regeln und Informationen 17.09.2018 05:39
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. Custom Arizona Cardinals Jerseys . -- Tony Gonzalez is having a harder time saying goodbye to the NFL than he imagined. As he prepares to host 40 family members and friends in Atlantas season finale, Gonzalez sounds as if he isnt entirely ready to walk away. When the Falcons announced in March that he would return this year, the 13-time Pro Bowl tight end was "100 per cent certain" he would retire after the season. Now Gonzalez wonders if he could change his mind again if Atlanta returns to playoff contention next fall and general manager Thomas Dimitroff gives him a call. "Id have to cross that bridge when I get to it, but right now I dont have any plans," he said. "I know for sure I wont be on an opening day for roster anybody. Im going to-- this is it. This is it." Meeting with reporters Friday, Gonzalez focused most of his answers on the end of his career. The 37-year-old insisted that hes pleased to "go out on his own terms" and added that hes "thankful for the opportunity" to have stayed healthy and productive for 17 seasons. Gonzalez ranks second in career catches, fifth in yards receiving and sixth in touchdown catches. No NFL tight end ever put up such numbers, but Gonzalez hardly returned this year to pad his stats. He craved playing in his first Super Bowl, winning a championship and making a legendary exit. The Falcons, though, never had a chance. Julio Jones, Sam Baker and Kroy Biermann suffered season-ending injuries. Sean Weatherspoon played in only seven games. Roddy White made 12 starts and Steven Jackson made 11, but both players were hurt most of the year. Quarterback Matt Ryan was harassed all season behind a weak offensive, and Atlantas defence was gouged repeatedly for big plays. Not surprisingly, Gonzalezs production dropped off as opponents double-teamed his routes. In October and early November, Gonzalez openly discussed his frustration and held out hope that the Falcons could still turn the season around. By the first of December, though, Gonzalez took a different approach with reporters, reminiscing about his early morning drives from hectic Buckhead to the picturesque mountain view at team headquarters. He talked about missing quality time with his kids but also feeling grateful to former teammates and coaches in Kansas City and those hes worked with in Atlanta the last five years. "I know I could come back and play a couple of more years if I wanted to, but its time for me to go," Gonzalez said. "Its time for me to get back to my family, get back to California, where Im from and explore that next chapter of my life. Im going to have fun with it." Television work is a possibility for Gonzalez, but playing football might not be out of the question. The Falcons, after all, signed him to a two-year, $14 million contract last March, and if they get off to a strong start next season, Gonzalez might reconsider, but he stopped short of saying that he plans to file retirement papers with the NFL. Then again, the aches and pains of a 16-game season arent getting easier, this despite the Falcons allowing him to miss over three weeks of training camp and preseason games last summer. "Like I said, dont anybody ever feel bad for me," Gonzalez said, smiling. "The things Ive accomplished in my career are more than anybody ever deserves." With one full day remaining before Atlanta (4-11) hosts the playoff-bound Carolina Panthers (11-4), Gonzalez is eager to go out with a victory. He had a good ride with the Falcons in his first four years, helping the team go 45-19 and win his first playoff game last January. But after narrowly beating Seattle in the divisional round, Atlanta fell 10 yards short against San Francisco in the NFC title game. "You never know when it can come to an end, and thats always been my approach," Gonzalez said. "Ive never said that Ive arrived with my accomplishments. Ive never, ever said that thats good enough for me or Ive caught enough balls to last a lifetime. I always wanted to keep working and keep working in case this is it, and now that Im coming into my last one, Im glad Ive done it that way. "It worked out, and hopefully Ill carry those habits into my next career, whatever that is." Chad Williams Jersey . After losing a shutout bid in the dying seconds of Sundays win over the Colorado Avalanche, Luongo would not be denied against the punchless Oilers and is now just one back of Patrick Roy for 14th on the all-time list. Benson Mayowa Cardinals Jersey . -- The Minnesota Vikings released reserve cornerback A. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Sam-Bradford-Jersey/ .The long-haired pivot, who joined the Alouettes midway through the CFL season and put up a 9-3 record as a starter, will be listed as the top quarterback in training camp next spring.With a full training camp under his belt, the Alouettes will see if he has what it takes to get them back to the Grey Cup game after a four-year absence.NEW YORK – These are busy times for Maple Leafs general manager Dave Nonis. Theres the upcoming draft in Philadelphia, a coaching staff to round out and a roster requiring some alterations and likely upheaval following another late season collapse. First up is the draft. The Leafs hold the eighth overall pick in a class thats more or less unpredictable – especially at the top. Nonis, attending the GM meetings in midtown Manhattan on Wednesday, reiterated what was first reported in the Toronto Sun, that his club would be open to moving up from their current perch or staying put if the price was too high. "Youve got a pretty good chance of getting a good player at eight or four," he said. "For us to move up the price tag would have to reflect that fact." Panthers general manager Dale Tallon is reported to have been actively shopping the first overall pick in a 2014 collection that lacks any clear-cut top prospect; defenceman Aaron Ekblad, as well as centres Sam Bennett, Leon Drasaitl, and Sam Reinhart are among the names in contention. Nonis went with a hulking, defensively-aware centre in Frederik Gauthier a year ago – his first draft as the Leafs boss – but is almost certain to add skill with the eighth pick this time around. "I wouldnt say its a priority that were going to go for the most skilled player," Nonis explained, "but I think the players that are going to be available in the top eight by and large are skill players so because of that fact theres a good chance thats what you end up with." Lacking in high-end deptth organizationally down the middle, the Leafs are likely to miss out on the top-end centres (Bennett, Draisaitl, Reinhart) if they stick with their current pick, but could lean in the direction of Sault St. Josh Bynes Jersey. Marie pivot Jared McCann or a promising bunch of big, high-scoring wingers – Michael Dal Colle, Nick Ritchie, Brendan Perlini, Jake Virtanen – not to mention speedy, skilled types in Nikolaj Ehlers and Willie Nylander. "I think all those guys have ability," Nonis said. "Its not one [of those drafts] where youre going to get a hard-nosed plugger or shutdown defenceman; I think even the guys who are more rugged theres some pretty good players there." The search for a coaching staff to surround incumbent Randy Carlyle continues additionally. Opting to keep Carlyle as the lead bench boss in early May, the Leafs fired assistants Dave Farrish, Scott Gordon and Greg Cronin. Nonis declined to say how many candidates had been interviewed for jobs on the staff nor how many would interviewed in the future. "Id like to have it done sooner rather than later, but theres still quite a few people to go through and were not going to rush it," he said. As far an impending pack of free agents that includes Mason Raymond, Nik Kulemin, Dave Bolland and Jay McClement, Nonis hadnt ruled any out from a return to the club next season; the Leafs have had preliminary discussions with the Bolland camp. Nonis wouldnt rule out a return for former Leaf Leo Komarov, who plans to return to the NHL, though only at the right price-point. Cheap Philadelphia Eagles Jersesys Cheap Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Minnesota Vikings Jerseys Cheap Los Angeles Chargers Jersesys Cheap Cleveland Browns Jersesys Cheap Chicago Bears Jersesys Cheap Miami Dolphins Jerseys Cheap New Orleans Saints Jerseys Cheap Seattle Seahawks Jersesys Cheap Green Bay Packers Jersesys Cheap Pittsburgh Steelers Jersesys Cheap New York Giants Jersesys Cheap New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Denver Broncos Jersesys Cheap Dallas Cowboys Jersesys Cheap San Francisco 49ers Jersesys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).