Its just something we had to do

in Regeln und Informationen 10.09.2018 08:10
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

TORONTO - Major League Baseball isnt always about the first class charter flights, the five-star hotels and the gourmet food. Minkah Fitzpatrick Jersey . For bubble players like Chad Jenkins and Jonathan Diaz, there can be days like Monday. Jenkins, the 26-year-old bullpen long man, is up for a third time already this season. Diaz is a 29-year-old utility infielder whos back for a second go round. "He was supposed to get on the plane with me," said Jenkins. "We checked our bags, got our little boarding pass and both of ours said get your seat at the gate." But Diaz didnt join Jenkins on the Monday morning flight from Charlotte, where the Triple-A Bisons were playing the White Soxs affiliate the Knights, because the flight was oversold. "I was panicking," said Jenkins. "I was like, um, I dont know what to do, should we call (traveling secretary) Mike (Shaw) and see who they need more and that person gets on the plane first?" Jenkins went ahead and boarded the plane. Diaz was on the phone with Shaw. The flight was re-booked. Jenkins promised Diaz hed pick up his teammates bags, which already had been placed in the plane. Jenkins arrived in Toronto in plenty of time to arrive to the stadium for three oclock. Diaz, who was in the starting lineup at shortstop to accommodate a day off for Jose Reyes, pulled in closer to six oclock. "Its been an awful day," said Jenkins. "Travel has been awful." He can only smile when he reflects upon the last two weeks of his life. Jenkins was first recalled on April 26. He spent two nights in Toronto and then boarded a flight to Kansas City with his teammates. After three nights in the Midwest, he flew with the Blue Jays to Pittsburgh. After one night there, Jenkins was optioned to Triple-A Buffalo. The driver got lost on the way to Buffalo, which added more than an hour to the trip. The next day, he was back in a car from Buffalo to Pittsburgh, recalled as Brandon Morrows injury replacement. He flew to Philadelphia with the team, spent two nights there and returned to Toronto for two more nights. Jenkins flew to Atlanta when he was optioned after Thursdays game, spent time with his parents and they drove together to meet the Bisons in Charlotte on Saturday. Monday morning, he left Charlotte for Toronto. "My back doesnt know what a solid mattress feels like for more than three days," said Jenkins. "Its been fun. Its been a ride. Its been crazy." Jenkins participated in a Shoot For A Cure charity event in Atlanta and spent time with his father, Steve. He enjoyed a Mothers Day dinner with his mom, Gail, on Sunday night. In between, he pitched two innings for the Bisons on Saturday night and was pleased with the result given the travel and the resultant infrequent throwing schedule. "I got on the mound and thats the best command Ive had on my sinker all year," said Jenkins. "I was throwing front doors, I was throwing the back door to the righty where I was going out and coming back and I had two strike outs looking. I was like, what happened? Where did this come from? I threw the other night, my arm feels good and I feel like my command is coming back and Im hoping it stays." ENCARNACION HONOURED Edwin Encarnacion is heating up, so much so that Major League Baseball is taking notice, naming the Blue Jays first baseman the American League Player of the Week. In seven games from May 5-11, Encarnacion went 9-28 (.321) with four home runs, a triple and two doubles. ROSTER MOVES The Blue Jays have made 42 roster moves as of Monday, with the disabling of Sergio Santos, the recalls of Chad Jenkins and Jonathan Diaz and the optioning of Erik Kratz to Triple-A Buffalo. The moves break down like this: 10 relate to the disabled list; 16 involve recalls or minor league contract selections; 10 involve players being optioned to the minor leagues; six players have been designated for assignment. If it seems like the Blue Jays tinker with the roster a lot its because they do. You may be surprised, however, to learn the Yankees have made more roster moves than Toronto. Heres the American League East divisional breakdown as of May 12: New York Yankees: 49Toronto Blue Jays: 42Baltimore Orioles: 37Tampa Bay Rays: 31Boston Red Sox: 21 Kalen Ballage Jersey . The start of the seasons fifth and final major was delayed two hours due to heavy rain in the area. The tournament eventually began, but with water on the greens and the rain persisting, players were called back to the clubhouse less than an hour after the first group teed off. Dolphins Womens Jerseys . Vargas (8-3) allowed four singles and two walks while striking out five, allowing only two runners from a diluted Twins lineup to reach second base. Mike Moustakas and Jarrod Dyson hit RBI singles in the second inning against Kevin Correia (4-10), and that was all Vargas needed. http://www.authenticdolphinsshopnfl.com/jerome-baker-jersey/ .TV Series: Duck Dynasty. HAMILTON, Ont. -- Zach Collaros was back practising Wednesday with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. The third-year quarterback joined his teammates for their first workout at Tim Hortons Field after the club pulled Collaros off the six-game injured list. Collaros suffered a concussion in Hamiltons 28-24 loss to the Edmonton Eskimos on July 4 and had been out since. Ticats head coach/GM Kent Austin said while hed ideally like Collaros to play Monday against the Toronto Argonauts, the six-foot-two, 216-pound quarterback will only do so if hes cleared medically and can practise symptom-free. "Hes at that point now where we need to practise him to see how he responds," Austin said. "There really was no other choice. "Without doing that (taking Collaros off six-game injured list), then we wont know. Its just something we had to do." Collaros was Hamiltons major off-season acquisition, signing as a free agent shortly after being released by the Argos. After Collaros joined the Ticats, they released veteran starter Henry Burris, who later joined the expansion Ottawa Redblacks. Collaros started Hamiltons season opener, a 31-10 road loss to the Saskatchewan Roughriders onn July 29 before being injured the following week against Edmonton. Authentic Dolphins Jerseys. Austin said Collaros practised well and didnt appear to suffer any setbacks. "Of course, hes not going to complain about anything," Austin said. "Hes a very competitive guy, he wants to play. "The most important thing is he needs to practise hard and practise a lot to determine that. The good news is we had an extra day today so well see how he responds . . . then well make a plan going forward." Dan LeFevour replaced Jeremiah Masoli as Hamiltons starting quarterback following Collaross departure. But he suffered a season-ending knee injury in the Ticats 30-20 home loss to the Calgary Stampeders on Aug. 16. The Ticats (1-6) are scheduled to host the Argos (3-6) in the first-ever CFL game at Tim Hortons Field. If the contest cant go Monday afternoon, then the contingency plans are to play it the following night, either at Tim Hortons Field or Rogers Centre in Toronto. Austin, for one, was impressed with the new facility. "Its a really really nice venue," he said. "Great field. "Its going to be a great atmosphere. Were pretty excited." Cheap Cowboys Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Cheap Falcons Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Rams Jerseys Cheap Bears Jerseys Cheap Lions Jerseys Cheap Packers Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).