THE SUPERSTARS

in FanArts 10.09.2018 05:08
von hongwei28 • Anbu Squad-Leader | 407 Beiträge

It’s been only two weeks since a report emerged that Lions coach Matt Patricia had been indicted for aggravated sexual assault 22 years ago. With the alleged victim remaining silent in the aftermath of Patricia’s effort to “defend my honor and clear my name Jared Goff Jersey ,” the story has quickly reached the point where there’s nothing more to say about it.

And then Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said something about it. Approached by Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, the initial instinct from Ross seemed to be to say nothing. He probably should have acted fully on that instinct.

鈥淚 don鈥檛 really know,鈥?Ross said Wednesday, via Birkett. 鈥淭hey鈥檙e so thorough in all their search. It was unfortunate. Thank God he鈥檚 cleared and can [coach]. Hey Andy Dalton Jersey , that鈥檚 life today. Everybody鈥檚 looking at everything. You guys, you look under every leaf and you鈥檙e going to find something and it鈥檚 unfortunate for people. But I understand he never even slept with her.鈥?/p>

With Patricia avoiding 13 days ago a question from reporters as to whether he contends that he had consensual sex with the alleged victim, the last remark from Ross are eye opening. But it’s not clear whether Ross really knows what he’s talking about on the topic.

“I mean, I talked to our guys Joel Bitonio Jersey , our personnel people,” Ross said. “People know him. He鈥檚 a fabulous guy. It鈥檚 great for Detroit.”

Ross would probably admit that he said more than he should have said. Especially since the alleged victim quite possibly is paying close attention to the situation, contemplating whether to tell her story, more than two decades after the fact. Even if the allegation as originally made was false Taylor Decker Jersey , nothing stops her from making the false allegation again — especially since this time around she wouldn’t have to face a withering cross examination from a lawyer charged with keeping Patricia out of prison.

So the best move for everyone associated with the NFL is to say nothing. If this thing eventually blows up on Patrica and the Lions, it also will blow up on the league at large.

The Lions are spending another offseason trying to find a backfield mix that will give their offense the kind of balance it’s been missing for much of Matthew Stafford‘s run as the team’s quarterback.

Part of this year’s plan was signing LeGarrette Blount as a free agent after Blount’s bruising running style helped the Eagles win Super Bowl LII. That title came a year after Blount was part of a Patriots championship team and the Lions would certainly like to make a run like that this season.

No one’s going to pin all hopes on that front on Blount, but the chances of anything close to that happening would improve if he does well on the field. Running backs coach David Walker made it clear how he sees Blount doing that.

“Hopefully, he’ll give us a little bit more than we had last year Curtis Samuel Jersey ,” Walker said, via the Detroit Free Press. “It’s one thing with 200-pounds of Ameer [Abdullah] or Theo [Riddick] running through the hole that you have to tackle. And it’s a totally different animal trying to tackle a 240-pound LeGarrette Blount. So we understand that hopefully will put a little bit more stress on the defense.”

Adding a competent run game to an often potent passing attack would certainly stress out defenses, but May optimism about better days on the ground has gone unrealized often enough that Detroit will remain in wait and see mode a while longer.

Authentic Womens M.J. Stewart Jersey

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).