Veteran skip Kevin Koe already has one world title and two national titles on his resume

in Regeln und Informationen 04.09.2018 08:23
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

Veteran skip Kevin Koe already has one world title and two national titles on his resume. Jordan Akins Stitched Jersey . His next mission is to qualify for the Winter Olympics and hes assembling a new team to try to make it happen. Koe plans to leave the rink he guided to victory at the Tim Hortons Brier for a new lineup that will include Marc Kennedy at third, Ben Hebert at lead and Brent Laing at second. Its an experienced all-star crew that will have its eye on qualification for the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea. "It was not an easy decision," Koe told The Canadian Press from Calgary. "But I felt the timing was good personally for me -- just with the next Olympic cycle coming up -- to make a change." News of the change broke last month before the team departed for the world championship in China. The moves werent formally announced until the Canadian Curling Association issued a news release Tuesday. Koe and his Calgary-based team of third Pat Simmons, second Carter Rycroft and lead Nolan Thiessen settled for a disappointing fourth-place finish last weekend in Beijing. Theyll play their last event together as a foursome at the April 15-20 Grand Slam Players Championship in Summerside, P.E.I. Koe discussed his plans with his teammates last month after they won the Brier in Kamloops, B.C. He admitted it was a "difficult conversation," but doesnt think it affected their play overseas. "I think the guys would say the same thing," Koe said. "If anything, we wanted to win a world championship for each other that much more." The period right after an Olympic Games is always an interesting one on the curling scene. Not everyone is necessarily keen to make another four-year commitment for a variety of factors, including age, jobs and family commitments. Some teams are locked in and ready for the next quadrennial while other players need to move quickly to position themselves before potential vacancies are filled. Qualification events for the 2017 Canadian Curling Trials wont be far off once the new season begins so teams will want to find their rhythm as soon as possible. "I think its more a function of just the way curling has gone," Koe said. "Most years curling changes happen now after an Olympic year. Thats just the nature of the beast I guess. Teams get together to make that big run. "It was no disrespect to the guys. I dont think teams can stay together forever. Our team wasnt going to be staying together with Carter slowing down. So those are just some of the reasons that went into my decision." Rycroft, whose wife is pregnant, had originally planned to take time next season off. However, Thiessen said that plan would be modified so they can enter the 2014 Canada Cup, the 2015 World Financial Group Continental Cup and be the first Team Canada in the history of the Brier. Simmons, Rycroft and Thiessen will name their new skip at a later date. "Teams just kind of run their course," Thiessen said from Edmonton. "We probably -- even though we won the Brier this year -- we were starting to get towards the line of maybe running its course. Kevin had a great opportunity. Thats a great team that hes setting up. "Everyones got to do whats best for them and thats what he did. He went and (will) play with those guys and I mean, who wouldnt? Its three great players that he went to play with." Koe won his other national title and lone world title in 2010 with Rycroft, Thiessen and Blake MacDonald. Simmons later replaced MacDonald but the core of the team spent eight years together. The team members said they will remain good friends, adding next weeks competition will be emotional for all involved. Kennedy and Hebert won Olympic gold at the 2010 Games in Vancouver with skip Kevin Martin, who supported the lineup change. Martin has said he plans to decide on his curling future by the end of June. Laing won world titles with veteran Ontario skip Glenn Howard in 2007 and 2012. "At the end of day with everything else considered, it was just too great of an opportunity to turn down for me," Laing said from Barrie, Ont. Howard wasnt available for comment. Hes expected to name Laings replacement in the coming weeks. Jermaine Kelly Stitched Jersey . There will be no Down Under four-peat for Djokovic, as the eighth-seeded Swiss slugger Wawrinka outlasted the second seed 2-6, 6-4, 6-2, 3-6, 9-7 at Melbourne Parks Rod Laver Arena in yet another five-set thriller in their burgeoning rivalry. Throwback Texans Jerseys .C. -- The Charlotte Bobcats said head coach Steve Clifford underwent a successful procedure Friday to have two stents placed in his heart. http://www.officialtexansnflauthenticshop.com/justin-reid-stitched-jersey/ . The third-seeded Bouchard, from Westmount, Que., was coming off a semifinal appearance at the French Open. She took the opening set before the unseeded American came back for the 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 victory.BIRMINGHAM, England -- Aston Villa has suspended the assistant manager and a key off-field official as the club fights to stay in the English Premier League. The sudden announcement on Tuesday comes with Villa just four points above the relegation zone with five games remaining. The central England club says Ian Culverhouse, assistant to manager Paul Lambert, and Gary Karsa, the head of football operations, have been suspended pennding an internal investigation. Keke Coutee Stitched Jersey. Further details were not provided. Villa says goalkeeper Shay Given and development coach Gordon Cowans have been temporarily promoted to assist Lambert. Given says "as players, its important that each and every one of us take responsibility right now and Im delighted to play my part in helping the manager." Villas next game is against Southampton on Saturday. Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Cheap Bills Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Cheap Bears Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Lions Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).