said to the t

in Residenz des Hokage 29.08.2018 08:57
von elaine95 • Sannin | 618 Beiträge

Jason Verrett has incurred another serious injury before training camp even begins for the Los Angeles Chargers.

The former Pro Bowl cornerback tore his Achilles tendon Friday morning during a conditioning test Lukas Dostal Ducks Jersey , one day before the first practice of camp. The Chargers will do more tests to determine the severity of the injury, but it’s another heartbreaking blow to a promising player who has been unable to stay healthy in the NFL.

After making the Pro Bowl during the 2015 season, Verrett missed 12 games in 2016 and 15 games last season due to a persistent knee injury. He returned to full practices during the Chargers’ recent offseason workouts, and he was thrilled for the opportunity to get back to the game.

Verrett has been unable to stay healthy since his Pro Bowl season. Three of his four NFL seasons have ended early due to injuries, and he has missed 39 of 64 possible regular-season games in his career since the Chargers drafted him in the first round in 2014.

Verrett had surgery to repair his ACL in 2016. He made it through just one game last season before needing another knee surgery when the pain proved too stiff.

Injuries have dogged the Northern California native since his college career at TCU, where he famously played his final season with a torn labrum in his shoulder. Verrett has remained upbeat and encouraged through much of his injury struggles, and he expressed optimism after participating in full practices last month at minicamp.

”I dealt with so much adversity getting here, and then the fact that I dealt with a lot of injuries, it’s kept me up to date Jake Odorizzi Minnesota Twins Jersey ,” Verrett said last month. ”Whenever other people are going through injuries, I feel like I know so much. Tell them, `Hey, work on this,’ or `Work on that.’ I just feel it’s something the man above put on my plate so I’m able to be a gift for somebody else.”

The Chargers begin camp Saturday morning at Jack Hammett Sports Complex in Costa Mesa, California.

The Chicago Cubs will try to bounce back from their first loss in more than a week when they host the Cincinnati Reds on Saturday afternoon in the second part of a three-game series at Wrigley Field.

A 3-2 loss on Friday afternoon snapped a six-game winning streak for Chicago (49-36), which failed to score five-plus runs for the first time in nine games. The Cubs are 3-7 against the Reds this season.

Meanwhile, Cincinnati (39-49) will try to keep up its recent hot streak. The Reds have won two straight, five of six and 14 of 18 to rewrite the narrative on a miserable start to the season.

Cubs right-hander Tyler Chatwood (3-5 http://www.bengalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-sam-hubbard-jersey , 4.54 ERA) is scheduled to make his 16th start. He does not have a victory in his past eight outings and is seeking his first win since May 11.

Control has been a problem for Chatwood, who leads the big leagues with 66 walks in 73 1/3 innings. He hopes for better results and his first win against Cincinnati, against whom he is 0-4 with a 4.18 ERA in five career starts. He has walked 17 and struck out 17 in 23 2/3 innings against the Reds.

Meanwhile, Cincinnati will counter with right-hander Matt Harvey (4-5, 4.91), who will make his 15th start of the season and his 11th with the Reds. The 29-year-old has found confidence since arriving from the New York Mets, limiting opponents to two runs or fewer in each of his past three outings.

“It’s nice to finally get into a groove, get into a rhythm, know I can get out of jams when I need to and also be able to go deep into games with consistent velocity and good stuff Cheap Troy Niklas Jersey ,” Harvey said recently to the Cincinnati Enquirer. “When you start feeling healthy, the confidence comes back, for sure.”

Harvey’s renewed effectiveness could make him a trade candidate for an eager contender.

In five career starts against the Cubs, including three at Wrigley Field, Harvey has posted a 2-1 record with a 4.23 ERA. He has walked eight and whiffed 28 in 27 2/3 innings.

Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant, who has been on the disabled list since June 23 because of inflammation in his left shoulder, is nearing a return as the weekend approaches. He said he felt good after taking swings in the batting cage Friday, which pleased team president Theo Epstein and others.

“The shoulder, it’s an important joint for the swing Youth Atlanta Falcons Jerseys , and his swing, and the finish he has,” Epstein said to the team’s official website. “I don’t know that we expected it to (take) this long, but it’s certainly very legitimate, and he needs to be able to execute his swing. I’m glad today is a good day, and hopefully we’ll have him back sometime soon.

“He really wants to be out there, but any time you have an injury you feel on your swing, you have to be smart about it. He’s been smart about it. He wants to be out there contributing. The fact that guys have stepped up and won some games makes it a little bit easier.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).