Thomas Muller scored a hat trick as Germany turned on its style and power to rout 10-man Portugal 4-0 in their World Cup Group

in Regeln und Informationen 29.08.2018 08:36
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

SALVADOR, Brazil -- Thomas Muller scored a hat trick as Germany turned on its style and power to rout 10-man Portugal 4-0 in their World Cup Group G opener on Monday. Jordan Clarkson Jersey . Muller, who scored five goals in the 2010 World Cup, was ruthless against a weak Portugal team that was clearly outplayed despite the presence of Cristiano Ronaldo. "To score three goals in the World Cup opener against such an opponent is great," Muller said. With Chancellor Angela Merkel supporting in the stands, the German team celebrated its 100th World Cup match with a rousing victory that was virtually assured by halftime. "After 20 minutes, we looked up at the clock and thought it was going to be a long day," Muller said. "But we got into the match very well and when you lead by 2-0 in this heat and then even get the third, it was all over." Germany always aims to have an impressive start and it certainly did this time. Four years ago, it started with a 4-0 win over Australia and reached the semifinals. What must be worrying for Germanys opponents is the apparent ease with which Joachim Loews lineup disposed of the fourth-ranked team in the world. Germany next faces Ghana on June 21 and the United States on June 26. Germany coach Joachim Loew said his team implemented his game plan very well, winning the ball in midfield and then quickly attacking. Muller scored either side of Mats Hummels headed goal as Germany took a 3-0 lead at the break, and added his third goal in the 81st. Ronaldo started at Arena Fonte Nova after overcoming a knee injury. He faded after threatening early in the match, including a shot from a break that Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer could only block, but there was nobody from Portugal to pounce on the rebound. "We lost the game already in the first half," Portugal coach Paulo Bento said. "We couldnt come back in the second. Germany played very well, we couldnt do anything." Portugal was already 2-0 down before Pepe was red carded in the 37th minute for apparently head-butting Muller when the German player was sitting on the ground. Pepe had stuck his hand into Muellers face and the German went down. "I got hit but after that I am not really sure what happened," Muller said. It was Mueller who opened the scoring in the 12th minute after Mario Goetze had been pulled down by Joao Pereira in the box, coolly slotting the penalty kick into the right corner of Rui Patricios goal. "Ive been in some big matches before, so its not like I was afraid," Muller said. Hummels had risen above Pepe to double Germanys lead with a well-timed header from a corner in the 32nd, and Muller extended the buffer just before the break when he stripped the ball from Bruno Alves and drilled in a low shot. The Bayern Munich forward completed the rout late in the second half, poking in from close range after Patricio had fumbled a low cross from substitute Andre Schuerrle. He said the margin should have been bigger. "We should have used some of our chances better," Muller said, adding that it was hard to play in midday heat and humidity. Portugals chances were limited. Ronaldo fired a powerful free kick late in the match but Neuer punched it away. Portugal also lost big striker Hugo Almeida to an injury. He was replaced by Eder in the 28th. Fabio Coentrao injured a groin muscle and was helped off the field in 65th, to be replaced by Andre Almeida. Hummels then limped off the field with a right-knee injury, giving substitute defender Shkodran Mustafi his second cap. Germany could have scored more goals after the break but Mario Goetze and Mesut Ozil wasted good chances. In the second Group D match later Monday, the United States was playing Ghana at Natal. Cheap Cleveland Cavaliers Jerseys .J. Ellis have avoided arbitration, agreeing to a one-year contract. Terrell Brandon Jersey . The government says top golfers are expected to compete in the PGA Tour event at the Ashburn Golf Club in the suburb of Fall River from July 3-6 and again next year. http://www.cheapcavaliersjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=cheap-tristan-thompson-jersey . They actually finished with a better record in ‘07 than they did in ‘06 but only marginally, going from 61 victories to 66.TALLADEGA, Ala. -- Most of Elliott Sadlers memories of Talladega Superspeedway are unpleasant. They either involve a horrific 2003 crash in which his car flipped several times and slid forever through the grass on its roof, or many different ways hed come up empty racing for a win. Finally, he has a victory that tops all those other disappointments. "I have such a love-hate relationship with this race track. We always run good here, but I always doggone flip or wreck or hit hard or something," Sadler said in Victory Lane. "Every autograph session, everywhere I go, everybody always reminds me of the flip I had down the backstraighaway here. Now maybe they can ask me about winning here." Sadler won a three-lap shootout to the checkered flag in the Nationwide Series race. The race Saturday was stopped for a little more than nine minutes to clean the track following a six-car accident that began when Jeremy Clement was turning into an outside wall and his car shot back into traffic. Sadler reflected on many of his previous races during the stoppage. "Under the red flag, I was playing all these scenarios in my head," Sadler said. "Really, how many races Ive lost in the last couple laps not making the right decisions." There were three laps remaining on the restart, and Sadler had to throw several blocks to hold off a charge from the pack of traffic behind him. It was the 10th Nationwide Series victory of Sadlers career, first at Talladega, and first win since 2012. "We just stayed to the bottom and stuck to our guns," Sadler said of his strategy. "We made the right blocks at the right time." "I was disappointed last year we werent able to do it. It means a lot to me to get the JGR team to Victory Lane -- they wwork their butts off and we werent able to reward them. J.R. Smith Jersey. " After going winless last season, his first with Joe Gibbs Racing, finally grabbing a victory was a heavy relief for Sadler. He left Richard Childress Racing to join JGR in an attempt to race for the Nationwide title. Instead, after winning four races in 2012 and finishing second that year in the standings, Sadler had just nine top-10 finishes and was a distant fourth in the title race. "When you come to a new place and you are running for such a respectable man and owner, and you are not able to give back to them, and not go to Victory Lane and not able to run for the championship as strong as you want to, man, it weighed on me heavy," Sadler said. "To be able to go to Victory Lane, and (Gibbs) call me on the phone, was amazing to me. That was a feeling that is really hard to put into words, but it feels good." Chris Buescher finished second and Regan Smith, winner of last years race, was third. Sadlers win ended a three-race winning streak for JR Motorsports, which picked up victories from Chase Elliott at Texas and Darlington and Kevin Harvick last week at Richmond. "We couldnt keep the JR Motorsports winning streak alive, but theres a lot of races left," Smith said. Elliott, who finished 19th, maintained his lead as the Nationwide points leader. But Sadlers victory pulled him to just one point behind Elliott. David Ragan finished fourth and was followed by Sam Hornish Jr., making his first race since losing the Nationwide title by three points last season. Hornish has a seven-race deal with JGR and made his debut by winning the pole in Friday qualifying. Joe Nemechek was sixth and followed by J.J. Yeley, Landon Cassill, David Starr and Trevor Bayne. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).