By the time he stepped to the plate in the seventh inning, Cody Asche had seen enough of Mike Minor to know that the Atlanta Bra

in Regeln und Informationen 28.08.2018 08:37
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- By the time he stepped to the plate in the seventh inning, Cody Asche had seen enough of Mike Minor to know that the Atlanta Braves left-hander had his best stuff. Wholesale Nuggets Jerseys . That didnt stop the rookie third baseman from swinging away on the first pitch he saw, belting a two-run homer to lift the Philadelphia Phillies to a 2-1 victory Friday night. The go-ahead blast was all Cliff Lee needed to outduel Minor in a matchup of two of the leagues premier southpaws. "I definitely thought he didnt want to fall behind in that situation," Asche said. "I think on my first at-bats, he threw some good pitches first pitch. So I was looking for a strike, something up on the zone and something I could put some good wood on and drive." After surrendering a homer to Andrelton Simmons leading off the third inning, Lee (12-6) didnt allow a hit through eight innings. He finished with 10 strikeouts without a walk, giving up just two hits. In his first time facing the Phillies this season, Minor (13-6) allowed four hits and two earned runs in seven innings, striking out nine and walking one. "It was a pretty darn good pitching matchup," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "Both were throwing strikes with all of their pitches. . Lee is one of the top pitchers in the majors. If hes on, its going to be a tough night." Asche, who was called up from Triple-A Lehigh Valley on July 31, hit his fourth homer of the season and is 7 for 11 with five RBIs in his last three games. He boosted his average to .287 despite starting out his major league career on a 1-for-17 streak. Asche made a sharp bare-handed play at third in the ninth to help Jonathan Papelbon record his 25th save of the season. "I wouldnt say my nerves have dissipated," Asche said of his recent hot streak. "I just think you learn to control them." Asche wasnt the only Phillie at his best in the field. Lee, who had allowed eight runs combined in his previous two starts against the Braves, was backed up by some impressive defensive plays all night. In the sixth inning, second baseman Chase Utley made a sprawling catch to rob Justin Upton of a base hit. And two innings before that, centre fielder Cesar Hernandez ran a long way to track down a shot in the gap from Evan Gattis. "I think it helps when Im throwing strikes and working fast," Lee said. "Im not trying to take credit because the guys were making great plays. But it all kind of goes hand in hand." Simmons homered to left field to lead off the third inning. It was the 14th homer of the season for Simmons and the league-leading 161st for the Braves. Simmons made a big defensive play at shortstop, going deep in the hole and firing a rocket to first to nab the speedy Jimmy Rollins to end the sixth. Rollins got the Phillies first hit of the game with a bloop single to lead off the fourth but was thrown out trying to extend it into a double. No Phillie got into scoring position until Asches homer in the seventh. "It looked like (Minor) made one mistake to Asche there, just like I made one mistake to Simmons in the third," Lee said. "It came down to one swing of the bat." NOTES: Phillies pitching coach Rich Dubee told reporters before the game that Ethan Martin would move to the bullpen with Tyler Cloyd replacing him in the rotation. A former first-round draft pick who was traded to the Phils for Shane Victorino last year, Martin went 2-4 with a 6.90 ERA in seven starts since getting called up from Triple-A. ... At 2 hours and 14 minutes, Fridays game marked the shortest nine-inning game for the Phillies this season. ... The Braves dipped to 34-35 on the road this season. They are 51-20 at home. Atlanta had won eight of its last 10 and was 29-10 in their last 39 games before Fridays loss. ... Eight of Simmons last nine hits have gone for extra bases. ... Lee has given up 19 homers, the most on the Phillies staff. ... Atlantas Alex Wood (3-3) opposes Kyle Kendrick (10-12) on Saturday. Cheap NBA Jerseys . In the last race before the Sochi Olympics, Bjoergen followed up her win in the 10-kilometre classical race on Saturday by beating World Cup sprint leader Denise Herrmann of Germany by 0.43 seconds for her fifth victory of the season. Michael Porter Jr. Jersey . Irving played 10 minutes Sunday night before going to the locker room. He had two points and four assists, missing all five of his shots. The All-Star game MVP is the top scorer among Eastern Conference point guards with 21. http://www.cheapnuggetsjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-thomas-welsh-jersey . Ribery, who won UEFAs best player in Europe award for the 2012-13 season, helped Bayern Munich win the Champions League and Bundesliga and German Cup titles. Messi, winner of the last four Ballon dOr awards in voting by coaches, team captains and media, was injured late in the season and could not prevent Barcelona from being beaten by Bayern in the Champions League semifinals.EDMONTON -- The Edmonton Oilers have agreed to terms with winger Iiro Pakarinen on a two-year entry-level contract. Pakarinen, 22, appeared in 60 games with HIFK Helsinki of Finlands Liiga this season, recording 30 points (20 goals, 10 assists) and 32 penalty minutes. The six-foot-one, 194-pound winger also represented Finland at the 2014 World Hockey Championship, posting three goals, two penalty minutes annd a plus eight rating in 10 games, helping his country earn a silver medal. Cheap Swingman Nuggets Jerseys. The Suonenjoki, Finland native has represented his country twice at the World Junior Hockey Championship (2010, 2011), registering five points (two goals, three assists) and four penalty minutes in 12 games. Pakarinen was drafted by the Florida Panthers in seventh round (184th overall) in the 2011 NHL draft. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).