Another challenge. Another challenge met. C.J. Fair rebounded

in Regeln und Informationen 25.08.2018 08:26
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

SYRACUSE, N. Darren Daulton Jersey .Y. -- Another challenge. Another challenge met. C.J. Fair rebounded from his worst game of the season with 19 points, Jerami Grant added 12 in an expanded role down low, and No. 1 Syracuse beat Clemson 57-44 on Sunday night to remain unbeaten. No matter what or who theyve faced this season, the Orange have found a way to win. Fair, who was 2 for 13 for a season-low six points against Notre Dame on Monday, responded with an 8-for-13 shooting night in playing K.J. McDaniels of Clemson to a virtual standstill. McDaniels also scored 19 and had a game-high 10 rebounds, three more than Fair, and both played 39 minutes. "Its all about going to the next game. You dont want to dwell on a good or bad game. We had good rhythm coming into this game," Fair said. "I just needed to be aggressive and not really force things. Coach is always stressing that. Thats what I was trying to do, play off my teammates. "Without wearing myself out, I wanted to wear him (McDaniels) out," Fair said. "When the best player on the opposite team is guarding you, you want to make their job hard. I just wanted to keep him busy." Syracuse (23-0, 10-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) extended its school record for wins to start a season and matched the program mark for consecutive wins, established in the 1916-17 and 1917-18 seasons. It was the third meeting between the teams and first in Syracuse, and the Oranges first victory. "They have very good pieces that fit together," Clemson coach Brad Brownell said. "Everybody has a role. They embrace their role. Theyre very unselfish. There doesnt look to be any jealousy." Syracuse has faced a slow pace for most of the season and when the Orange went ahead 48-37 on Tyler Ennis lefty layup with 6:56 to play, coach Jim Boeheim could breathe a sigh of relief. "You really dont want to be behind in a slow game," Boeheim said. "There arent going to be a lot of points scored." This victory came with the 6-foot-8 Grant playing substantial time in the second half at centre with starter Rakeem Christmas on the bench with four fouls and Baye Moussa Keita next to him with a sprained right knee. A month ago, before hulking sophomore centre Dajuan Coleman was lost for the season to a knee injury, Syracuse had 15 fouls to give at the position. "Its fine. Whatever my team needs," Grant said. "I think thats what makes us a great team. I need to get used to it. Ive just got to know where all the rebounds are, know where other people are." It was the 10th time Clemson (15-7, 6-4) had faced the No. 1 team in the nation, and the Tigers have yet to win. The last time Clemson played a No. 1 team was against North Carolina, an 86-81 loss in the 2008 ACC tournament, and the Tigers last true road game against the nations No. 1 team was Feb. 8, 2004, an 81-55 loss at Duke. "It was frustrating," Jaron Blossomgame said. "There were some good things, but from a team standpoint, were all competitors. We want to win. We feel like every game we go into we can win." Trevor Cooney finished with 11 points for the Orange and Ennis, from Brampton, Ont., had six points, five assists and one turnover. Syracuse shot 44.4 per cent (24 of 54) and held the best defensive team in the nation to 14-of-41 shooting (34.1 per cent). The Orange also committed just five turnovers and dominated the paint, 32-14. Syracuse led by nine at the break and extended the lead to 39-27 on Fairs nice scoop off the glass with 15:40 left. The Tigers answered with a 10-3 spurt to get right back in it as Christmas went to the bench with his fourth foul. Jordan Roper started the surge with a 3 from the right wing, McDaniels followed with a free throw and a dunk, and Josh Smiths hook in the lane pulled Clemson to 42-37 with 10:41 to play. Fair responded with a pair of free throws and a pretty runner crossing the lane to boost the lead back to nine with 8:27 left. After Damarcus Harrisons 3-pointer, Grant came back with a baseline drive off the glass at 4:45 to boost the lead to double digits. Cooneys 3 from the top of the key extended it to 15 with 2:03 left. Clemson entered the game leading Division I in scoring defence, yielding an average of 55 points per game. The Tigers also ranked eighth in field goal percentage defence (.378) and 12th in blocked shot average (6.1). Syracuse shot 50 per cent (13 of 26) in the first half and held the Tigers to 6-of-22 shooting (27.3 per cent) while blocking three shots to two for the Tigers in gaining a 31-22 lead at the break. Keita sprained his right leg with just more than 6 minutes left in the opening half and went to the locker room to be evaluated. He did not play in the second half. Steve Carlton Jersey . Dillon Brooks scored 26 points on 9-17 shooting for Canada while pulling down six rebounds and picking up six steals. Teammate Chris Egi had 20 points, 14 rebounds and four blocks. Dave Cash Jersey . The three Calgary natives will compete after the sport was skipped by the Vancouver Games in 2010 but later included on the program for Sochi, Russia. The fight to include womens ski jumping prior to Vancouver went to the courts only to have the Supreme Court of Canada rule against the athletes appeal in 2009. http://www.cheapphilliesjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-chuck-klein-jersey . And theyre pointing to the NHLs biggest market: Toronto. With Gretzky paid out for what is believed to be $7 to 8 million, Gretzky may be eager to get back into the NHL and TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reports that the Maple Leafs are very much interested in The Great Ones services.AMES, Iowa -- With about 9 minutes left in Iowa States game with TCU, Georges Niang of the Cyclones caught teammate Melvin Ejim looking up at the giant scoreboard that hangs over the centre of the court. "Im like, whats he looking at?" Niang said. "I looked up and he had 35 (points) and I was like, holy smoke, this could be a crazy night." That it was. Ejim scored a Big 12-record 48 points, making 20 of 24 shots, and grabbed a career-high 18 rebounds to lead No. 16 Iowa State past TCU 84-69 on Saturday, keeping the Horned Frogs winless in the conference. Ejim had two 3-pointers and six dunks during his big game, one on a spectacular fast-break lob from DeAndre Kane that gave the Cyclones (18-4, 6-4 Big 12) a 67-52 lead and effectively put the game out of reach. "It was teamwork," Ejim said. "These guys just did a great job finding me in transition and getting me the ball in places where I could score. They made really selfless plays. We were just giving up the ball and luckily, I was on the receiving end." A 6-foot-6 senior, Ejim scored 20 straight Iowa State points during one stretch in the second half and easily notched his 30th career double-double. He padded his lead in the Big 12 scoring race with a performance that topped the previous conference record of 44 points by Kansas States Denis Clemente in 2009 and the Wildcats Michael Beasley in 2008. His previous high had been 23 points against Oklahoma last season. Iowa States school record is 54 by Lafester Rhodes in an overtime victory over Iowa in 1987. Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg, who once scored 41 in a game for the Cyclones, said Ejims record is all the more impressive considering it came in a league that has produced the likes of Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin. "All the great players that have gone through this league and Melvin Ejims name is at the top," he said. "Thats unbelievable for a guy that maybe doesnt get as much credit as he deserves. The Cyclones needed those points because TCU (9-13, 0-10) kept matching them basket for basket down the stretch. Ejim stayed in the game until 19.9 seconds weree left, when he left to a lengthy standing ovation. Chase Utley Jersey. . "We were just playing," he said. "I wasnt really looking up to see how much I had. These guys just kept telling me to be aggressive, keep playing. I think I figured it out when they started chanting my name." Niang added 11 points and Kane finished with 10 assists for the Cyclones, who avoided a letdown after their thrilling three-overtime victory at Oklahoma State on Monday, their first win in Stillwater since 1988. Kyan Anderson led the Horned Frogs with 27 points and eight assists. Amric Fields scored 18 points and Karviar Shepherd had 11 for TCU, which was coming off single-digit losses to Texas Tech and No. 15 Texas, but could not keep up with the Cyclones and the high-flying Ejim. "I got back to Melvin back on (Big 12) media day," TCU coach Trent Johnson said. "He is one of my favourite college basketball players in the country this year. I think he is really underrated. He is a hell of a kid, at least from the interaction Ive had with him. He plays extremely hard and he is very efficient." The game was expected to offer a break for the Cyclones after they played four straight against Top 25 teams and eight in a row against teams that were ranked at one time or another. But the Horned Frogs proved to be a little more stubborn than anticipated despite a horrible start. TCU gave up the ball on a shot clock violation on the games first possession, Dustin Hogue followed with a 3-pointer and Iowa State led from then on as the Horned Frogs missed nine of their first 10 shots. Despite some sloppy play at times, the Cyclones built a 16-point lead late in the first half, then had the lead whittled to seven before Ejim went on his tear to wrap it up. TCU shot 29.6 per cent in the first half and did not have more baskets than turnovers until Anderson hit the second of two straight 3-pointers with 45 seconds left in the first half, cutting the lead to 32-22. "We battled," Johnson said. "For us to be within striking distance with about four minutes to go, I cant fault what our kids did." Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).