HOUSTON -- Kansas City rookie Yordano Ventura entered Tuesday nights game winless in four career starts dating to last season de

in Regeln und Informationen 24.08.2018 08:28
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

HOUSTON -- Kansas City rookie Yordano Ventura entered Tuesday nights game winless in four career starts dating to last season despite posting a 2. Cheap Vikings Jerseys China .53 ERA in those games. On Tuesday night, he pitched seven solid innings and finally got his first victory as the Royals beat the Houston Astros 4-2. "Im just really proud for him because that was like his fifth time hes gone for his first win and hes had an opportunity to win ballgames two or three times and we couldnt hold it for him," Royals manager Ned Yost said. "To finally get that out of the way for him, to get his first major league win was big for all of us tonight." Omar Infante homered and drove in two runs for the Royals. Ventura (1-0), an elite prospect with a 100 mph fastball, allowed four hits and one earned run with seven strikeouts in seven innings -- both career highs. His seven strikeouts were the most by a Kansas City rookie since Will Smith also fanned seven on Sept. 11, 2012. "I feel really good," Ventura said in Spanish through a translator. "I feel that the team supported me and played really good defence and scored a lot of runs for me. It gives me a lot of satisfaction so I can keep working hard to help the team win." Infante had a solo shot in the first inning off Lucas Harrell (0-3) and added an RBI in the third inning as the Royals found some offence after managing just five runs combined as they were swept in a weekend series at Minnesota. Eric Hosmer and Billy Butler had an RBI each for Kansas City and Lorenzo Cain had a pair of hits for his fourth multihit game this season. "We just got a couple of timely hits today and as an offence we need to do a better job of that," Hosmer said. "The way our pitchers have thrown weve got to find a way to produce runs for them and tonight we did a good job of that." Carlos Corporan homered in the fifth inning for the Astros, who have scored two runs or fewer in three of their past four games. Harrell gave up five hits and four runs in five innings and has allowed 14 runs in three starts combined this season. "Ive got to get strike one," Harrell said. "Through my first 10 hitters, I threw one first-pitch strike. That cant happen. I need to throw strikes in 1-1 counts, too, because that really killed me tonight." Ventura had retired 12 of the last 13 batters when Corporan launched his homer into the first row of the seats in right field with one out in the fifth inning to cut the lead to 4-2. He got back on track after that and didnt allow another hit until Matt Dominguez singled to start the seventh inning. He walked Jonathan Villar with two outs, but ended the threat and his night when he retired Dexter Fowler after a short coaching visit to the mound. Wade Davis pitched a perfect eighth before Greg Holland struck out the side in the ninth for his fourth save. He has converted 13 straight save opportunities dating to Sept. 7. Infante put Kansas City up early with his solo homer to the Crawford Boxes in left field with one out in the first inning. Fowler hit a leadoff double and reached third on a one-out single by Jason Castro. Fowler scored on an error by Ventura with two outs on a pickoff attempt to first base to tie it at 1-1. Infante grounded into a forceout that scored Cain, who had led off the inning with a single, to make it 2-1 in the third inning. Hosmer followed with an RBI double to push the lead to 3-1. A single by Nori Aoki followed by a pair of walks loaded the bases for Kansas City with one out in the fifth, and Butlers sacrifice fly pushed the lead to 4-1. NOTES: The series continues Wednesday when Kansas Citys Jeremy Guthrie opposes left-hander Dallas Keuchel. ... Houston manager Bo Porter wasnt feeling well Tuesday, but said he was much better than he was a day before when he spent the day in bed fighting off what he called "a bug." ... The Astros celebrated Jackie Robinson Day on Tuesday with a pregame reception where children from the Astros Urban Youth Academy had a chance to meet Houston players including Fowler, L.J. Hoes, Jerome Williams and Chris Carter. 00:28ET 16-04-14 Cheap Daniel Carlson Jersey . Ronaldo failed to connect on an ample number of opportunities at Santiago Bernabeu Stadium. But Karim Benzema and Jese Rodriguez scored in each half for Madrid to come out of the first leg with the firm advantage. Cheap Minnesota Vikings Jerseys .com) - Joique Bells touchdown run in the fourth quarter gave the Detroit Lions a 20-14 victory over the Chicago Bears on Sunday. http://www.cheapvikingsjerseyselite.com/?tag=cheap-devante-downs-jersey . The team of Lars Nelson, Daniel Richardsson, Johan Olsson, and anchor Marcus Hellner cruised to victory in the 4x10 km event, winning in a time of one hour, 28 minutes, and 42.Manchester United should stick with Louis van Gaal and draw on his experience for the benefit of coaching staff like Ryan Giggs, according to the League Managers Association chief executive Richard Bevan. Van Gaals future is uncertain with United requiring a victory by 19 goals against Bournemouth on Tuesday, live on Sky Sports 1, to finish fourth in the Premier League.According to Sky sources, Jose Mourinho has been told the United job is his this summer if the clubs owners decide to sack Van Gaal, but Bevan believes they should stick by the Dutchman. He told Sky Sports News HQ : Looking from the outside, and speaking to Louis van Gaal at our conferences, he is a very impressive man. Louis van Gaal admits Manchester United have not reached his expectations this season He is a man of 14 trophies, three titles in different countries, and immense experience in the Champions League.If II was Manchester United, I would be looking to see how I can embrace his experience and make sure the likes of Ryan Giggs and the backroom staff are benefiting in the next 12 months. Cheap Tyler Conklin Jersey. He is one of the most talented and technically astute coaches in the world. LMA chief executive Richard Bevan thinks the sacking of Quique Sanchez Flores could prove to be a serious mistake Bevan expressed his disappointment at another season of frequent sackings and resignations.Weve had 54 sackings, 12 resignations, and 150 coaches, which often arent mentioned, and out of the 54 managers only five are back in work, Bevan said.What we often hear in the media is the merry-go-round, but it is not the case. If youre looking to give managers opportunities - Watford gave Billy McKinlay a chance, and he won the first game, drew the second one and got the sack at seven oclock at night. Thats not really the way to build the next managers and coaches for this country.Theyve had probably five managers in the last two seasons and I think sacking Quique Sanchez Flores was a very big surprise. Hes 51, a very talented manager, and I think its probably a serious mistake as well.What is important for the managers is that theyre not looking for sympathy, theyre looking for time to build, time to learn from mistakes and to have enough matches to survive when they succeed and build that career. Its very difficult. Also See: Schmeichel: United have bored me to death Sky Live: United v Bournemouth preview De Gea would not force move away No United offer for Zlatan - agent Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).