any poor picks over the

in Regeln und Informationen 24.08.2018 05:17
von panxing18 • Anbu Squad-Leader | 407 Beiträge

BOSTON — Toronto coach Mike Babcock thinks his Maple Leafs should cherish the chance to play in Wednesday night’s Game 7 of their first-round series with the Boston Bruins.

“You’re a kid playing outside road hockey Blake McLaughlin Ducks Jersey , it’s the seventh game and you’re scoring a winning goal in overtime,” Babcock said after his Leafs won their second straight and evened the series with a 3-1 victory in Toronto on Monday night.

“That’s just the way it was your whole life,” he continued. “No one else in hockey is playing right now, they’re all stopped and watching and that’s always some, but I think just the opportunity, you get to go on. I think there’s obviously a lot on the line that way and we’d like to play in the next round, Boston wants to play in the next round, something’s got to give. We’re excited for the opportunity and enjoy the rest of today. Get ready tomorrow.

“…Let’s embrace it.”

The Boston Red Sox dedicated the 2013 season to being “Boston Strong.” Tuesday, Toronto joined the long list of cities attacked in some way when a van jumped a curb and mowed people down. The Leafs paid the proper tribute to the victims before the game, and then rode Frederick Andersen to the win.

Does it carry over in Game 7?

The winner faces the Tampa Bay Lightning in the Eastern Conference semifinals, the Bruins surrendering the top spot in the conference with a shaky finish to the regular season.

Also in 2013, the Maple Leafs, who haven’t won a playoff series since 2004, led the Bruins 4-1 late in Game 7 and wound up losing in overtime. Tuukka Rask gave up four goals on 28 shots and was not brilliant in that game and his record in elimination games is 5-11 Authentic Brian Urlacher Jersey , 1-2 in Game 7s.

Tim Thomas won three seventh games and led the Bruins to the 2011 Stanley Cup. Rask lost to Philadelphia in 2010 and to Washington in 2012.

He was poor in Game 5 and guaranteed he’d be better in Game 6. He was, keeping his team in the game in the third period.

His teammates were not as good. The top line of Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak, on fire with 20 combined points in the two wins that started the series, have been scoreless in the last two games (plus Game 3) — Bergeron was out of Game 5 with an upper-body injury and being ineffective in Monday night’s game.

The trio has no points and is a combined minus-16 in the Bruins’ three series losses.

“It’s always how it should be. When you’ve lived it, you want to share that experience,” Bergeron said of playing in another Game 7 (he scored the tying and winning goals in the 2013 comeback). “We have some amazing young players in this locker room and I know they’re going to step up. That’s the approach that we have.

“Everyone just needs to go out there and play and step up their game up and rely on everybody else to do the same. Do your job, I guess, is kind of the cliche, but that’s how you have to approach (a Game 7).”

Andersen, 10-1-0 lifetime against the Bruins coming into these playoffs, shook off a shaky start in the series and has been great since.

The Bruins are trying to win their first playoff series since 2014.
Chris Ballard started collecting draft chips last month. He's hoping the Indianapolis Colts add a few more this week.

The second-year general manager is going all in on a simple, proven plan to put the Colts back on a playoff course: Draft well and develop talent from within.

"I'm stubborn in this now, I really am Cheap Malik Jefferson Jersey ," Ballard said last week. "I really believe the majority of your team needs to be built through your own guys."

He's not bluffing, either.

After cautiously spending in free agency, he finally made a splash March 17 by sending Indy's pick, No. 3 overall, to the quarterback-needy New York Jets for the No. 6 pick, two second-round choices this year and one in 2019.

Indy how holds four picks in the top 50 this year and will have three in the first two rounds next year. Not bad for a team with so many glaring needs.

It could be just the start.

With Andrew Luck working his way back from shoulder surgery, Jacoby Brissett still on his rookie contract and four quarterbacks vying to go in the top 10 selections, Ballard could hit the jackpot if another team wants to move up.

Ballard has already said he will entertain all offers for the No. 6 pick and might even use some cards currently in his hand to get a second first-round pick.

"When we made the trade back, I thought about it and said, 'OK, let's say two quarterbacks are gone and three premier players we have ranked. There had to be four," Ballard said.

"So I went back and made sure we had four premium players we liked when we made the trade. Now, as we've continued to study, we've identified a couple more premium players. So if we move back Jason Sanders Color Rush Jersey , we've still got to be able to get one of those premium players."

Ballard said the Colts have eight non-quarterbacks defined as "premium players."

But what they need most is to start hitting on their picks.

OFFSEASON CHANGES

Indy added tight end Eric Ebron, a first-round pick in 2014, veteran offensive lineman Matt Slauson and promising players such as defensive end Denico Autry, linebacker Najee Goode and receiver Ryan Grant in free agency.

Their biggest acquisition, though, might be new coach Frank Reich. He took over in February after Josh McDaniels backed out of a deal following the Super Bowl.

Reich has promised to bring a fun, creative offense that relies heavily on tight ends 鈥?news that should make Ebron happy.

NEW DEFENSE

Defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus, who was initially hired by McDaniels, will switch to the traditional 4-3 front.

Ballard believes some of the players who can help are already on the roster.

John Simon will move from linebacker to defensive end, where he played at Ohio State. Edge rusher Terrell Basham, who played linebacker last season, also may be headed back to his old college spot on the defensive line. And Jabaal Sheard could be the biggest beneficiary by moving back to defensive end where he had his greatest NFL success.

"I think Jabaal Sheard will take off in this defense," Ballard said.

FILLING HOLES

Indy has needs everywhere: Pass rusher, offensive line Cardinals Cheap Jerseys , cornerback, linebacker, running back and receiver.

So the list of possible first-round picks is long and wide. Some of the names tagged to the Colts include defensive end defensive end Bradley Chubb, running back Saquon Barkley, guard Quenton Nelson, linebackers Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds among others.

HITS, MISSES AND BARGAINS

Indy is rebuilding because it's made too many poor picks over the past five years.

The Colts' top pick in 2013, pass rusher Bjoern Werner, is out of the league. So is Trent Richardson, whom they got in a trade for the 2014 first-round pick. And receiver Phillip Dorsett, Indy's No. 1 pick in 2015, was traded to New England in September.

But Indy's past two first-round picks 鈥?center Ryan Kelly and safety Malik Hooker 鈥?have both shown promise when they've stayed healthy.

Their best bargains have been defensive end Henry Anderson and safety Clayton Geathers, mid-round picks in 2015.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).