”Our expertise can be very

in Residenz des Hokage 20.08.2018 09:28
von elaine95 • Sannin | 618 Beiträge

Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick made headlines during the 2016 preseason Authentic Customized Panthers Jerseys , when he knelt during the U.S. national anthem to protest the oppression of African-Americans.Kaepernick was released by the 49ers in the 2017 offseason, and hasn't played in the NFL since. It's caused a major controversy in the NFL, and Kaepernick even filed a grievance against the league - accusing owners have been colluding to ensure he doesn't get back into it.On Saturday morning, another former NFL quarterback in Johnny Manziel took to Twitter and went on a lengthy rant - defending Kaepernick and expressing disgust that he's not playing in the NFL right nowThis will probably cause an uproar, but I鈥檓 tired of the @Kaepernick7 vs myself comparisons and anger. Kap is doing amazing things right now changing lives and donating millions of dollars. His impact off the field from a societal standpoint is legendary and straight admirable.— Johnny Manziel (@JManziel2) March 24, 2018Standing up for people who often don鈥檛 get heard and for a race that continually deals with problem after problem in this country for CENTURIES. This world we live in is absolutely crazy and I believe what he鈥檚 doing has an amazing impact.— Johnny Manziel (@JManziel2) March 24, 2018The facts of the matter are the reason he鈥檚 not being signed are non football based. The guy took a team to the Super Bowl and continuously wreaked havoc on the NFC West and the league. Maybe he had a bad year two years ago but he鈥檚 not a bad player and that鈥檚 a fact..— Johnny Manziel (@JManziel2) March 24, 2018In my opinion the guy still has a lot in the tank but it鈥檚 not my place to say what he wants to do with his career. All I can speak for is myself and trying to turn my life around from the depths it was in. God bless and have a great Saturday...— Johnny Manziel (@JManziel2) March 24 Jets Thomas Rawls Jersey , 2018I rock with you @Kaepernick7 you鈥檝e always been good to me and I appreciate that. All the best in your journey my friend wherever that takes you— Johnny Manziel (@JManziel2) March 24, 2018Kaepernick indeed had a successful run with the 49ers, leading them to a Super Bowl 47 appearance - where they narrowly fell to the Baltimore Ravens. He led San Francisco to the 2013 NFC Championship Game, where they barely fell to the rival Seattle Seahawks in a thrilling contest.However, the 49ers experienced a dreadful three-year stretch from 2014-16. The players essentially forced head coach Jim Harbaugh out after giving up on him. Star player Aldon Smith ran into troubles with the law, while Patrick Willis and Chris Borland retired early for safety reasons.With an ever-changing locker room and new head coaches coming in every year, Kaepernick struggled over his last two years in San Francisco. He compiled a 3-16 record with 22 touchdowns against nine interceptions. Refusing to take a pay cut that could have seen a trade to the Denver Broncos, Kaepernick was released last offseason. It remains to be seen if he'll ever play in the NFL again Royce Freeman Jersey Elite , but we know 'Johnny Football' and countless fans and analysts think he's worthy of another chance.As for Manziel, he opened up about his dealing of bipolar disorder in an interview with Good Morning America, while admitting he has stopped drinking alcohol. After negotiations fell through with the CFL's Hamilton Tiger Cats, Manziel opted to join The Spring League for 2018. The NFL is joining an effort for nonprofit organizations to support healthy lifestyle programs for veterans and their families.

The league will contribute $2 million to the Bob Woodruff Foundation, which was established in 2006 after the television journalist was wounded by a roadside bomb while covering the war in Iraq.

The foundation has invested more than $55 million for programs that empower the military and their families. The NFL will work with the Woodruff group in creating a grant referral system for nonprofits.

Anna Isaacson, the NFL senior vice president of social responsibility, says the league is committed to ”evolving its work in the military landscape and funding programs that will make a tangible, long-lasting impact.”

One of those programs is Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Kurt Suzuki Jersey , a nationwide nonprofit that provides rehabilitative fly fishing programs for disabled active duty personnel and for disabled veterans. It has 8,500 participants and another 3,500 volunteers who teach disabled veterans the intricacies of fly fishing and stages events locally, regionally and nationally.

”The BWF provides us with a grant each year that supports one of our largest programs for rod building,” says Todd Desgrosseilliers, president and CEO of Project Healing Waters who spent 31 years in the military and sustained traumatic head injuries in combat. ”We had over 900 veterans participate in it thanks to that. It’s part of a larger core of activities we have that include fly fishing education and outings.

”We meet on a regular basis, whether weekly or twice or month, with a minimum of once a month. This is a group of disabled veterans coming together with folks who care about them Cheap Arden Key Jersey , and involved in an activity that is fun and therapeutic.”

An affiliation with the NFL is logical, says Marshall Lauck, chief growth and marketing officer for the Bob Woodruff Foundation.

”The NFL is such a prominent American brand and one that has a longstanding commitment to the vet community,” Lauck says. ”This is not something new to them, given their history with supporting veterans and the active military. It’s a time of increased interest on their part in how most effectively they can support the veteran community (through nonprofits).

”Our expertise can be very helpful for the NFL in its goals in supporting the veteran communities.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).