All-Star second baseman Robinson Cano and the Seattle Mariners finalized their $240 million, 10-year contract that was agreed u

in Regeln und Informationen 20.08.2018 05:23
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

SEATTLE -- All-Star second baseman Robinson Cano and the Seattle Mariners finalized their $240 million, 10-year contract that was agreed upon late last week. Austin Rivers Jersey . The deal, which is tied for the fourth largest contract in major league history, was completed Thursday after Cano passed his physical. Cano had spent his entire career with the Yankees. The five-time All-Star played in 160 games last season and hit .314 with 27 homers and 107 RBIs. Cano posted a .899 on-base plus slugging percentage and finished fifth in American League MVP voting. The Yankees offered Cano a $175 million, seven-year deal. New York went 85-77 last season and missed the playoffs for only the second time in 19 years; Seattle went 71-91 and hasnt been in the playoffs since 2001. The 31-year-old second baseman is represented by Jay-Zs Roc Nation and CAA Sports. He was New Yorks most feared hitter for the past several years, and the loss of a middle infielder who bats .300 and hits 30 homers stings. Cano posted a .899 on-base plus slugging percentage last season and finished fifth in American League MVP voting. Only the two deals signed by Alex Rodriguez -- first with Texas and then the Yankees -- and Joey Vottos contract with Cincinnati were worth more. Albert Pujols also signed a $240 million deal with the Los Angeles Angels. Cano will make $24 million per season from 2014-23 and the contract includes bonuses for awards. Its the fifth deal to top $200 million in baseball history. Cano is scheduled to be introduced at a news conference later Thursday. "We have made a major commitment to a player who is one of the most dynamic in Major League Baseball," Seattle general manager Jack Zduriencik said in a statement. "And Robinson has made a commitment to the Seattle Mariners organization and to the City of Seattle. We have stayed true to our plan of building our organization from the ground up through the amateur draft and player development, and now have had the opportunity to add an All-Star player through free agency." Canos been one of the most durable players in baseball for the past seven seasons, missing only 14 out of 1,120 games since the start of the 2007 season. Hes a career .309 hitter who has averaged 24 homers and 97 RBIs per season. Cano has hit at least 25 homers and had a slugging percentage above .500 in every season since 2009. Cano will be the anchor for a lineup thats lacked consistency at the plate most of the past decade. Seattle made other additions at the winter meetings to support Cano, agreeing to a one-year deal with Corey Hart and acquiring Logan Morrison in a trade with the Miami Marlins. All of them should help an offence that between 2009 and 2012 ranked last in baseball in batting average, and was near the bottom in runs scored and homers. The Mariners showed some pop this past season with 188 home runs -- second-most in baseball -- but 52 of those came from the combo of Kendrys Morales and 41-year-old Raul Ibanez, both free agents. "A player like Robinson Cano can make a manager look really smart, really quick," Seattle manager Lloyd McClendon said. "No one player is going to win a championship for you, but I would remind people that we have some pieces in place." Its the second straight off-season Seattle will have made a massive financial commitment to a player after giving a $175 million, seven-year deal to ace Felix Hernandez last winter. Seattle has plenty of financial room to make significant cash commitments because the only major contracts on the books for 2014 are for Hernandez and Hisashi Iwakuma, and only Michael Saunders and Justin Smoak are entering arbitration. DeAndre Jordan Jersey . Halak did not get the start in the Washington Capitals Tuesday night game against the St. Sam Dekker Jersey .K. Subban has picked the right time of the year to go on an offensive tear. http://www.clippersnbateamshop.com/danilo-gallinari-clippers-jersey/ . Fans in the Jets viewing region can watch the game on TSN Jets at 5:30pm ct and listeners can tune in to TSN Radio 1290 Winnipeg.Canadian freestyle skiers and medal hopefuls Alex Bilodeau and World Cup champion Mikaël Kingsbury have qualified for the finals of mens moguls on Monday morning. Bilodeau and Kingsbury finished first and second place in qualifying Monday morning, earning scores of 24.70 and 23.81, respectively. Other results Two other Canadians were competing. Philippe Marquis came in sixth with Marc-Antoine Gagnon just ahead of him in fifth, so both will move on. Russian skier Alexandr Smyshlyaev came in third with a score of 23.52. The top 10 finishers were guaranteed a chance to move on. Anyone outside the top 10 can still qualify by skiing again. The finals are scheduled to happen around 1 p.m. eastern time. Canadian-born Australian skier Dale Begg-Smith, who finished second to Bilodeau in Vancouver, did not crack the top 10 and must ski again to qualify for the finals. Bilodeau and Kingsbury are a big part of why Canada has come to dominate the moguls hill in recent years. Theyve taken turns aatop the World Cup standings for much of the past four years. Brice Johnson Jersey. The 21-year-old Kingsbury is the reigning world champion, but the 26-year-old Bilodeau comes to Sochi having won each of the last three events. "I feel great. Ive worked hard," Bilodeau said. "The work is done and Im just trying to enjoy the moment. Its my last Olympic experience and its so fun. Each time Im here I feel like I want to be here forever." Worlds best Bilodeau is skiing well but Kingsbury seems to be peaking and isnt shying away from lofty expectations. "I think I can win any event if I ski at my best, so I will focus to do the best run of my life for the job that I need to do," he said. Medals on the mens side would bookend a magical stretch at Rosa Khutor Extreme Park for Canada. Sisters Justine and Chloe Dufour-Lapointe took gold and silver in the womens final on Saturday night, clasping hands and fighting back tears as their parents screamed from the stands. Cheap Heat Jerseys Cheap Bucks Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys Cheap Raptors Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Wizards Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).