Manchester United and West Ham paid a big price for fielding heavily weakened teams in the FA Cup when th

in Regeln und Informationen 17.08.2018 07:37
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

MANCHESTER, England -- Manchester United and West Ham paid a big price for fielding heavily weakened teams in the FA Cup when they were knocked out in the third round on Sunday, while Chelsea and Liverpool advanced relatively comfortably. Andrew Ference Jersey . Swansea capitalized on the 80th-minute sending-off of substitute Fabio Da Silva by scoring in the last minute through Wilfried Bony in a 2-1 win at United, the latest setback for David Moyes in his turbulent first season with the English champions. United has lost four of its last six games at Old Trafford in all competitions and failed to reach the fourth round for only the second time in 30 years. "We had another big game in 48 hours time so we have to keep that in mind (but) no excuse," said Moyes, referring to the first leg of a League Cup semifinal against Sunderland on Tuesday. "We had a strong team out. Nearly every player out there was an international." Like United, West Ham used a lineup full of reserves ahead of its League Cup semifinal against Manchester City on Wednesday, and the gamble backfired. The injury-hit Premier League struggler was crushed 5-0 at second-tier Nottingham Forest in the third rounds biggest shock. "We had a huge amount of problems in terms of the available members of the squad so Ive got to keep them intact, thats a major priority," said West Ham manager Sam Allardyce, who was already under pressure with his team next to last in the league. "Many, many managers have changed the team in all divisions, but my changes had to be severe. I didnt want it to be but it had to be." Chelsea and Liverpool played stronger lineups -- and it showed. Second-half goals by John Obi Mikel and Oscar earned Chelsea a 2-0 victory at Derby, while Liverpool avenged last seasons surprise defeat to third-tier Oldham in this competition by winning 2-0 at Anfield thanks to Iago Aspas first goal for the club and an own goal by James Tarkowski. That game also saw Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers go up against his own son, Anton, who plays for Oldham and came on as a second-half substitute. "Ive seen Antons life from when he was a young footballer and to see him run out there was a bit surreal really," Rodgers said. Sunderland beat third-tier Carlisle 3-1 in the other third-round match featuring a Premier League team. The fear factor about visiting Old Trafford has disappeared since Alex Ferguson left United last summer and Swansea was the latest team to take advantage, recording its first win at the home of the champions. "Lets not kid ourselves, its a really bad result," United midfielder Darren Fletcher said. The Welsh side was helped by Moyes picking a shadow team that was missing injured strikers Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie, as well as senior players Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra and Michael Carrick. And Wayne Routledge put Swansea ahead in the 12th minute, running onto Alejandro Pozuelos through ball and lobbing goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard. Javier Hernandez turned in Alexander Buttners cross four minutes later for the equalizer, and Moyes said he was disappointed not to see his team kick on from then. Fabio was given a straight red card for a studs-first lunge at Jose Canas, just four minutes after coming on as a substitute, and Bony made United pay by rising to head in Routledges left-wing cross to cap an impressive performance. "In my world, they are still a big team and for us to beat them, we still have to do a very good performance," Swansea manager Michael Laudrup said. Allardyce fielded an unrecognizable starting XI featuring a host of youth-team players at The City Ground and they collapsed in the second half. Djamel Abdouns goal gave Forest a 1-0 lead at halftime before Jamie Paterson scored a hat trick and Andy Reid completed the humiliation with the fifth in injury time. West Hams lineup further highlights the FA Cups increasing lack of appeal in the eyes of many top clubs nowadays but Allardyce made no apologies and knows there may be repercussions. "There might be, who knows?" Allardyce said. "Im not saying it wont happen unless I start to get results. I have got to get results, I know that." The depth of Chelseas squad shone through as Mikel headed home Willians free kick in the 66th minute for only his fourth goal for the club in 300 appearances, before Brazil playmaker Oscar struck a fierce shot in at the near post five minutes later. Chelsea will host Stoke in the fourth round while Liverpool must travel to Bournemouth or Burton. Bill Ranford Jersey . -- Isaiah Pead took a stutter step forward, then raced to the left sideline and travelled 60 yards up the field before finally getting tripped up by a leg tackle. Leon Draisaitl Jersey .com) - Coming off a pair of tough losses last week, the Syracuse Orange will try to put an end to their first losing skid of the season when they pay a visit to the Maryland Terrapins at the Comcast Center on Monday night in Atlantic Coast Conference action. http://www.hockeyoilersshop.com/milan-lucic-jersey/ . The 49ers, 6-2 and riding a five-game winning streak following the bye week, also waived cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha and activated cornerback Eric Wright from the reserve/non-football injury list. Manningham made 42 receptions for 449 yards and one touchdown in 12 games and 10 starts last season before injuring his left knee in a loss at Seattle Dec.OAKLAND, Calif. -- Blake Griffin buried bank shots, turnaround jumpers and spinning layups. DeAndre Jordan gobbled up rebounds and opposing shots, often flexing his muscles and letting out a roar. The high-flying finishers who spawned the nickname "Lob City" are doing far more than dunking in the playoffs. The frontcourt tandem has carried the Clippers to a 2-1 lead in their first-round series against the Golden State Warriors, who have found no answer for either with centre Andrew Bogut out with a fractured right rib. "Just two animals out there just beastin right now," Clippers guard Darren Collison said. And both are finally performing in places they havent always flourished -- on defence, in the playoffs and at the most pivotal points of games. Since losing Game 1 in Los Angeles, Griffin has dominated David Lee and every other defender the Warriors have thrown his way. And Jordan -- who tied a franchise playoff record with 22 rebounds and five blocks in the Clippers 98-96 win in Game 3 on Thursday night -- has been the kind of rim protector coach Doc Rivers had long believed he could become. The two big men, both just 25 years old, have caused so much disruption that Warriors coach Mark Jackson said Friday hes considering changing his starting lineup for Game 4 on Sunday. The most likely swap would insert Draymond Green at power forward and push Lee to centre for Jermaine ONeal in a smaller, quicker lineup. "Weve got to figure out a way to present some resistance. I think things are going a little too smoothly for Blake," Jackson said during a light shootaround at Golden States downtown Oakland headquarters. Griffin has scored 32 and 35 points the past two games, respectively. Hes shooting 64 per cent from the floor in the series and has been at his best in the biggest spots. The All-Star power forward made five straight baskets -- three bank shots, a mid-range jumper and a short turnaround -- against Lee to open the third quarter in Game 3, part of a run that put the Clippers ahead by 18 points. "Just continuing to believe," Griffin ssaid, speaking to reporters at the teams downtown San Francisco hotel Friday. Jari Kurri Jersey. "My teammates give me the confidence to go out there and shoot every time Im open." Lee promised hed be better against Griffin in Game 4. He has mostly been tasked with guarding Griffin by himself, though Jackson hinted more double-teams might be on the horizon. "Hes playing at a high level right now," Jackson said. "We forced him to be a jump shooter, and hes making jump shots. On the block, hes aggressive. Hes having an outstanding series capping off an outstanding year." While Griffins star has shined brightest, Jordan has been the insult-to-injury figure. The Warriors tried to lure Jordan away from Los Angeles in the summer of 2011, signing him to a four-year, $43 million offer sheet as a restricted free agent. Instead, the Clippers matched the deal. Now the Warriors -- who waived Jeremy Lin and amnestied Charlie Bell to make room for the offer -- can only watch Jordan make a major difference on defence while Bogut -- acquired in a trade with Milwaukee in March 2012 to be Golden States franchise centre -- sits out with another injury. Three years ago, though, Jordans game was not nearly what it is now. Jordan fell out of favour at times under former coach Vinny Del Negro, who was let go after the Clippers lost to the Memphis Grizzlies in the first round of last years playoffs. Jordans rising game speaks to the Clippers commitment on defence under Rivers, who challenged the young centre to focus on rebounding and protecting the rim this season. Jordan finished third in voting for the NBAs defensive player of the year award behind winner Joakim Noah of Chicago and runner-up Roy Hibbert of Indiana. "These guys really rely on me a lot defensively, and when Im out there, they have all the confidence in the world in me," Jordan said. "So its definitely a huge step for me in my career, but at the same time, its always something to build on and its more motivation for me. As long as Im my teams defensive MVP, thats all that matters to me." Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).