- Mike Aviles has built a reputation as a solid player off the bench.

in Regeln und Informationen 14.08.2018 04:54
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- Mike Aviles has built a reputation as a solid player off the bench. Marshall Faulk Jersey . Hes not doing a bad job being in the lineup every day either. Aviles hit a three-run homer in the second inning and added the go-ahead single in the eighth to help the Cleveland Indians beat the Colorado Rockies 7-6 on Saturday. Thanks to several injuries around the infield, Aviles has been seeing more action the last several weeks. And thats just fine with manager Terry Francona. "He knows hes going to play more than the average guy who doesnt start, so he stays in shape and stays ready," Francona said. "He knows how to play the game. You almost go looking for ways to get him into the game." Clevelands bullpen couldnt hold a 6-2 lead in the seventh, but Aviles saved the day when he lined a single to right with one out that scored Jason Kipnis, who drew a leadoff walk as a pinch-hitter. "I figured he wasnt going to give me anything on the plate, so I tried to be patient, which really isnt my style, but I got one to hit and was lucky enough that it fell in," Aviles said. Kipnis wasnt in the starting lineup after playing two games since missing a month with an oblique injury. He batted for Jesus Aguilar, forcing Rockies manager Walt Weiss to call on left-hander Rex Brothers (2-3). Kipnis walked and took second on Lonnie Chisenhalls sacrifice. Aviles lined a hit to right field and Kipnis slid home ahead of Charlie Blackmons throw. Chisenhall had a two-run homer in the sixth. The Indians handed their bullpen a 6-2 lead through six innings, but Corey Dickersons solo homer and Blackmons three-run shot tied it in the seventh. Bryan Shaw (2-1) pitched 1 2-3 scoreless innings. Cody Allen worked the ninth for his third save as the Rockies fell to 2-6 on their nine-game trip. "It hasnt been easy, but all the guys all through the lineup fought well, especially the top and bottom of the order," Weiss said. "Things just arent going our way right now." Trevor Bauer allowed two runs and matched a career high with eight strikeouts in six innings, but Clevelands bullpen imploded. Scott Athchison retired the first hitter before Dickerson homered. Following singles by Wilin Rosario and DJ LeMahieu, Josh Outman relieved, but Blackmon homered on the left-handers first and only pitch to tie the game. Aviles three-run homer in the second and a two-run blast by Chisenhall helped Cleveland build its lead. "On a normal day that was out for sure, but with the wind swirling like that, you never know," Aviles said. "The wind was changing directions all day." Bauer, making his fourth start of the season, allowed two runs in the third but struck out Carlos Gonzalez and Troy Tulowitzki with runners on second and third to end the inning. The right-hander retired 11 of the final 12 hitters he faced. Bauer, who had been battling the flu bug for a couple of days, retired the first seven hitters before running into problems in the third. Rosario drew a one-out walk and LeMahieu doubled to right. Rosario stopped at third, but scored when David Murphys throw to second hit LeMahieu and rolled into left field, allowing Rosario to score on the error. LeMahieu went to third and scored on Blackmons single. Michael Cuddyer singled and a double steal put runners at second and third, but Bauer struck out Gonzalez and Tulowitzki. Gonzalez struck out in all four at-bats. Aviles homer capped a four-run second. Morales held the Indians scoreless until the sixth. Aguilar walked with one out before Chisenhall homered to right to right on a 2-2 pitch. NOTES: Cuddyer made his first start at third base since 2010. He appeared in 171 games at third base over six years with Minnesota. ... Outman, who pitched for Colorado the last two seasons, was acquired in a trade for OF Drew Stubbs. Stubbs batted sixth and played centre field Saturday. ... Indians 1B Nick Swisher (sore left knee) is doing rehab work in a pool. .... Indians RHP Josh Tomlin (3-2) takes on Rockies RHP Jhoulys Chacin (0-4) in the three-game series finale Sunday. Josh Ferguson Jersey . -- The Los Angeles Dodgers signed Cuban shortstop Erisbel Arruebarrena to a $25 million, five-year contract Saturday. Colts Jerseys . The Canadian Luge Association officially named seven athletes to the 2014 Olympic team Tuesday. Edney, will lead teenagers John Fennell and Mitchel Malyk into their first Games in mens singles. Tristan Walker and Justin Snith will represent Canada in doubles, while Gough, will be joined by Kimberley McRae in womens singles. http://www.coltsofficialstore.us/authentic-matt-slauson-colts-jersey/ . Noah finished with 13 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists in 34 minutes. He was headed for his fourth triple-double of the season, but sat down with about three minutes left because of the lopsided score. Kirk Hinrich scored 19 points for Chicago, going 5 for 6 on 3-pointers, Carlos Boozer added 18 points, D.NEW YORK -- Clemson star receiver Sammy Watkins was the common thread early on the final day of the NFL draft Saturday. Watkins, the fourth overall selection in the first round by Buffalo, saw his older brother, Florida cornerback Jaylen Watkins, taken by Philadelphia to open the fourth round. Philadelphia acquired the selection the previous day from Houston, trading its third-round pick (No. 83) for the Texans fourth- and fifth-round spots. "Today is a very big day for our family," Jaylen said. "I texted him (Thursday) before he went on stage and he just texted me ... were both excited for each other. We cant complain about anything that happened this year for us." The next pick, by Washington, was Sammy Watkins college teammate, cornerback Bashaud Breeland, who went up against the nations top wideout in practice for several years at Clemson. Watkins fellow receiver with the Tigers, Martavis Bryant, also went in the fourth round, to Pittsburgh. "Sammy, hes a great player, hes like my brother," Bryant said. "I got a lot of love for him, so Ive never been the type to feel that (jealousy). Everything that the coaches asked me to do I did for the team, and if it was playing behind him then it was playing behind him." Andre Williams of Boston College, the nations leading rusher, went to the New York Giants, whose backfield has been plagued by injuries. Williams rushed for 2,177 yards and won the Doak Walker Award as Americas top running back in 2013, but he is considered a weak receiver. "Patience is a really valuable thing," Williams said. "It worked out the best possible way it could, no matter what round it ended up being.&" Arizonas KaDeem Carey, like Williams, an All-American runner, was taken four spots later by Chicago. Matt Slauson Jersey. Oregons DeAnthony Thomas went to Kansas City, ostensibly to replace departed Dexter McCluster. National champion Florida State had two players go in the first five picks Saturday: running back Devonta Freeman to Atlanta, and centre Bryan Stork, another All-American, to New England. Big 12 power Oklahoma, which was blanked in the first three rounds, broke through when the New York Jets drafted receiver Jalen Saunders. While two other powerhouse programs, Texas and Georgia, did not yet have anyone taken, Duke did. When Buffalo made cornerback Ross Cockrell the 109th overall selection, it was the highest a Blue Devil had gone since offensive lineman Lennie Friedman went to Denver in the second round in 1999. Cockrell thought Duke making the Chick-Fil-A bowl helped his stock. "I think it opened a lot of eyes that this guy from Duke can actually play a little ball and will be able to compete at the next level," he said. The first quarterback to go Saturday was a bit of surprise: inconsistent Logan Thomas of Virginia Tech. Thomas never really improved to the level expected during his career with the Hokies after a strong debut. Hes big, with a strong arm, but is turnover prone. Going on consecutive picks late in the fifth round were two other star QBs: Aaron Murray of Georgia to Kansas City, and A.J. McCarron of Alabama to Cincinnati. Zach Mettenberger of LSU went in the sixth round to the Titans. Missouri defensive end/linebacker Michael Sam, the first openly gay player to enter the draft, also is still waiting. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).