Wesley Sneijder scored a late goal Wednesday to help Galatasaray advance to the knockout stage of the Champions League with a 1-

in Regeln und Informationen 13.08.2018 07:51
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

ISTANBUL, Turkey -- Wesley Sneijder scored a late goal Wednesday to help Galatasaray advance to the knockout stage of the Champions League with a 1-0 win over Juventus in a weather-delayed match. Eric Tangradi Jersey . The former Inter Milan midfielder scored in the 85th minute in snowy conditions, eliminating Juventus from the competition. Didier Drogba flicked a long ball to Sneijder on the right of the penalty area and the Netherlands international shot through Juventus defender Leonardo Bonuccis legs and into the far bottom corner. The match had been abandoned in the 32nd minute on Tuesday because of hail and snow. The field was cleared of snow before the restart but the efforts had left it in poor condition. Juventus coach Antonio Conte and Drogba complained to the referee at halftime. "It was difficult to play the ball and I think it would have been better not to play as I said before the match," Galatasaray coach Roberto Mancini said. "It was an open game in the end and we deserved to win because we were more aggressive." Both teams struggled, especially when the snow began to fall heavily again, and chances were scarce. "It was impossible to play last night and no one wanted to. I didnt think it was right to play today either," Mancini said. "But it was impossible to suspend the game at the end of the first half, but I agree with Conte because it was impossible -- or almost -- to play and it wasnt a game of football." Galatasaray had to win to progress to the last 16, while Juventus needed only a point to secure its advancement from Group B, which was won by Real Madrid. However, the Italian team was without playmaker Andrea Pirlo, who is out with damaged knee ligaments. "We tried to have the game postponed," Conte said. "There was a meeting with the UEFA delegate in which we explained the game was dangerous but maybe no one wanted to wait. "At halftime, I said to the referee that it wasnt safe. Drogba at a certain point told me its the same thing for both teams, but it wasnt, because we wanted to play football." Juventus had had the better of the opportunities on Tuesday, with Fernando Llorente going closest to putting the Italian side in front. The Spaniard controlled a cross from Arturo Vidal before volleying just wide of the left post. Galatasarays best chance fell to Drogba, who sent a free kick over the wall but wide, although Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon looked to have it covered. Both teams clearly struggled when the match resumed and they resorted to attempting long passes as the ball kept stopping in the slush. Galatasaray appeared to be dealing with the conditions better than Juventus as the snow began to again fall heavily and Sneijder almost broke the deadlock in the 54th but he shot over. "I have to praise the lads, they gave everything," Conte said. "We were punished in a huge way because were a team which plays with the ball. But we complicated our own lives by having to fight for qualification in the last match." Niklas Kronwall Jersey . Cory Batey and Brandon Vandenburg were each convicted on four charges of aggravated rape, one of attempted aggravated rape and two for aggravated sexual battery. Vandenburg was also found guilty of tampering with evidence as well as an unlawful photography charge. Johan Franzen Jersey . The club was unable to retain hitting coach Kevin Seitzer, who is bound for Atlanta. Seitzer replaces Greg Walker, who was assisted by Scott Fletcher this season as the Braves finished 79-83. http://www.hockeyredwingsauthentic.com/authentic-kris-draper-red-wings-jersey/ . Murakami gracefully executed a double triple toe jump and a triple flip jump that put her at the top of a tightly contested race with 64.73 points, just ahead of Li Zijun of China on 62.ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals announced after Friday nights game with the San Francisco Giants that they have called up top prospect Oscar Taveras from Triple-A Memphis. Taveras, a 21-year-old outfielder, was batting .325 in 49 games with Memphis with seven homers and 40 RBIs. He will take the place of Matt Adams, who was put on the disabled list with a left calf strain. Cardinals senior vice-president and general manager John Mozeliak said the move was made when they found out Adams would not be available ffor a couple more days. Pavel Datsyuk Jersey. "It made sense in two ways," Mozeliak said. "One, let Matt Adams heal, and two, its an opportunity to give Oscar some playing time and not have to worry about the balance of power and worry about whos playing and whos not." The Cardinals signed Taveras in 2008 out of the Dominican Republic. Before this season, Taveras was ranked as the No. 3 overall prospect by MLB.com and Baseball America. He has a career .321 average over six minor league seasons. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).