The Panthers leader returned to the field Thursday.

in Regeln und Informationen 13.08.2018 07:50
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

CHARLOTTE, N. James Daniels Jersey .C. -- The Panthers leader returned to the field Thursday. Quarterback Cam Newton practiced for the first time since undergoing ankle surgery on March 19, working in 7-on-7 drills during the teams final day of minicamp. Newton said he felt sluggish on his first day back. "My mind was moving faster than my body," Newton said. Newton said his left ankle is not yet fully recovered. However, he expects to be close to full speed when training begins July 25. "Im feeling better than I thought I would at this point," Newton said. Coach Ron Rivera said Newton was a little high on his passes, but thats expected having been out for so long. The 6-foot-5, 245-pound quarterback has thrown some passes on the side during recent weeks, but this was his first time working in live drills. "He talked about feeling like hed been cooped up and finally getting a chance to spread his wings a little bit," Rivera said. "He made some good decisions, made the right reads. Just didnt deliver the ball where he needed to. That will come with time. The healthier he gets, the better he gets, the more hell be in tune with what he needs to do." Rivera said Newton was cleared to practice medically Wednesday, but none of Newtons teammates knew hed practice until he took the field Thursday. The coach said he felt it was important for Newton to practice once before the start of training camp. "It just shows the team that hes coming, hes getting ready and hes working hard to get himself ready," Rivera said. "It was good to see his teammates see him out there." Said Newton: "Today is a step forward. Moving forward, this doesnt stop for me. I have to report back here during this off-season to try to get back to 100 per cent so I can be on schedule during training camp." Carolinas wide receiver position underwent major changes this off-season, so Thursday was Newtons first chance to throw passes in a live practice to guys like Jerricho Cotchery, Jason Avant, Kelvin Benjamin and Tiquan Underwood. Center Ryan Kalil said having Newton sit out most of OTAs and minicamp is not ideal, but feels like hell have plenty of time to develop chemistry with his new group of receivers. Kalil points to Newtons rookie season in 2011 when he didnt have any OTAs or minicamp to fine tune his skills because of the NFL lockout. But Newton still went on to win Associated Press Offensive Rookie of the Year honours. "He played pretty well that season with a bunch of guys he hadnt thrown to before," Kalil said. "So Im not worried." Rivera said the next hurdle for Newton to clear is running. Newton, 25, has been doing most of his running inside on an underwater treadmill to alleviate any added stress on the ankle. Offensive co-ordinator Mike Shula is expected to limit Newtons reps with running plays when training camp arrives. "Were not going to force anything," Rivera said. "Weve already told the doctors they control the situation." Newton has started all 48 games for the Panthers over the last three seasons. But hes one of only a handful of returning players who are guaranteed a starting spot on offence. The Panthers still have questions to answer at both tackle spots, left guard and right guard and at all of the wide receiver positions. "Competition is healthy," Rivera said. Joel Iyiegbuniwe Bears Jersey . -- All-Pro tight end Jimmy Graham and the New Orleans Saints met Tuesday for arbitration on his contract. Anthony Miller Bears Jersey . MLB.com reported that the Dodgers locked the left-hander in for one year at $10 million with up to $4 million in incentives. http://www.bearsfootballpro.com/Authentic_Cody_Parkey_Bears_Jersey/ LeBron James will go back to wearing jersey No. 23 in his return to Cleveland. James tweeted "23 it is! Its only right I go back. 2 3=6 We still family 6." The tweet included an Instagram post with photos of James holding his No. 23 Cavaliers jersey on draft night, him later in a new version of the Cavs jersey and a one of him in his high school jjersey. Taylor Gabriel Jersey. James wore No. 6 in four seasons with Miami and with the U.S. Olympic team. He used No. 23 in high school and during seven seasons in Cleveland. About 10 days ago, James turned to social media to help him choose which number hell wear next season with the Cavaliers. James wrote "6 or 23...." on his Twitter account. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).