Brian McCann and Carlos Beltran

in Regeln und Informationen 10.08.2018 08:51
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

Brian McCann and Carlos Beltran. Carl Hagelin Jersey . Steady starts from David Phelps and a makeshift rotation. Maybe a little more punch from No. 3 batter Jacoby Ellsbury. First game after the All-Star break? Check, check, check. Ellsbury hit a two-run homer, Phelps pitched into the seventh inning, and the Yankees beat the Cincinnati Reds 4-3 on Friday night. "Big win for us to start the second half," Ellsbury said. "You always want to play well at home. You should play well at home. I think were going to." McCann and Beltran had two-out RBIs for the Yankees (48-47), who began a 10-game homestand by winning the opener of an interleague series against a National League contender. New York, with a major league-high 40 home games after the break, snapped a five-game losing streak at Yankee Stadium and improved to 19-23 in its ballpark. All-Star reliever Dellin Betances struck out three in 1 2-3 perfect innings, and David Robertson worked a one-hit ninth for his 24th save in 26 chances. "A week off always helps," Betances said. "I just felt like maybe I had a little more power." Phelps (4-4) gave up three runs -- two earned -- in 6 1-3 innings against a lineup missing injured thumpers Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips. The right-hander struck out seven and walked one for his first win since June 19 against Toronto, which preceded four straight no-decisions. Phelps is 3-0 in seven outings since a four-game skid, and he has yielded two earned runs or fewer in six of those seven starts. "Regardless of what the rotation looks like, I pride myself on being consistent," he said. "Thats one thing Ive always strived for in the big leagues and even in the minor leagues. When our rotation does take hits, I kind of put (it) on myself to step up." It was the kind of effort New York needs from the unheralded fill-ins in its injury-ravaged rotation. Before the game, general manager Brian Cashman announced that left-hander CC Sabathia is scheduled for surgery on his right knee Wednesday -- ending any hope of him returning this year. "We need everybody to step up," Ellsbury said. Brayan Pena, subbing for Votto at first base, homered twice for the Reds. Mike Leake (7-8) allowed four runs and eight hits in seven innings. "It was not as sharp as he has been, but he competed well and gave us a chance," manager Bryan Price said. "We just caught a guy who was a little bit better today." With the score tied 2-all, Derek Jeter singled to start the fifth, and Ellsbury lined a 1-1 pitch to the short porch in right field for his seventh home run. "It was a cutter that backed up, but it was still decent location," Leake said. "He was able to drop his hands and hurt me." Brett Gardner was hit on the left foot by Leakes third pitch. Shaken up a bit, he was checked by manager Joe Girardi and a trainer before remaining in the game. Gardner stole second and scored on McCanns two-out double. McCann is 16 for 45 (.356) in his last 11 games, raising his batting average 19 points to .239. "Ive been feeling pretty good at the plate the last 10-12 games, so hopefully I can keep that up and drive in some runs," he said. Jeters leadoff single in the third deflected off third baseman Todd Frazier. Ellsbury also singled before Beltran, just activated from the seven-day concussion list, came through with a two-out single. Pena connected off Phelps to start the third and seventh for his first multihomer game. Cincinnati tied it at 2 in the fourth, capitalizing on errors by Brian Roberts at second base and Jeter at shortstop. Devin Mesoraco had an RBI grounder, but Phelps prevented further damage. "Hes been doing great," Betances said. "Hes given us a chance to win every time he goes out. Hes done an awesome job, and today was a great win -- a great team win." NOTES: Cincinnati will start All-Star pitchers in the final two games of the series. RHP Alfredo Simon (12-3, 2.70 ERA) goes Saturday, when RHP Brandon McCarthy makes his home debut for the Yankees. RHP Johnny Cueto (10-6, 2.13) faces New York RHP Hiroki Kuroda (6-6, 4.10) on Sunday. ... Jeter made his 2,610th career start at shortstop, passing Omar Vizquel for the most in major league history. ... The Yankees announced they will honour Jeter during a ceremony before their Sept. 7 home game against Kansas City. Jeter is retiring after this season. ... Beltran also beat the shift with a check-swing double down the third-base line. Sidney Crosby Jersey . They named Mark Washington as their defensive co-ordinator on Thursday and appear to be closing in on an offensive co-ordinator. Evgeni Malkin Jersey . HEROES P.K. Subban – Scored the overtime winner and assisted on Montreal’s earlier goal, both on the power play, in a 2-1 win over Nashville. http://www.hockeypenguins.com/authentic-michel-briere-penguins-jersey/ . The four-time Grand Slam champion has beaten Hantuchova nine straight times, with the Slovaks only win coming when they first played 10 years ago. "I had a tough first opponent who can play extremely good tennis," Sharapova said.NEW YORK -- Madison Bumgarner and the Giants felt right at home during the first leg of their extended stay in the Big Apple. Bumgarner struck out 10 in seven innings of four-hit ball, outpitching Jonathon Niese to lead San Francisco over the New York Mets 2-1 Thursday. Juan Perez went 3 for 3 with an RBI single in his hometown, and the World Series champions won for the eighth time in 11 games. After taking two of three from the Mets, the Giants wont even change hotels -- they remain in New York this weekend to play three interleague games at Yankee Stadium. Scores of San Francisco fans filled an otherwise empty Citi Field all series, and the Giants received a loud ovation as they walked off following the final out. "Its nice to have a good fan base like that," Bumgarner said. "Especially this far away, it makes it a lot of fun when they care that much about us." Bumgarner (13-9) has gone 19 straight starts without yielding more than three earned runs, the longest streak by a San Francisco pitcher since Tim Lincecums 19 in a row from 2007-08. The previous Giants hurler to do it during one season was Ed Whitson in 1980, according to STATS. Niese (7-8) threw seven solid innings for the Mets, who rallied for four runs in the ninth to win 5-4 on Wednesday night. They batted .184 while going 4-7 on their penultimate homestand. "I established all of my pitches, threw them all for strikes, got my cutter working on both sides of the plate," Niese said. With a runner on second, Javier Lopez retired pinch-hitters Lucas Duda and Anthony Recker for his first save since Sept. 11 last year. Recker struck out to end a crisp game that took 2 hours, 37 minutes. Giants closer Sergio Romo, who had a blown save Wednesday, was rested after throwing 50 pitches over the previous two days. Bumgarner caught a potentially painful break in the sixth. With runners at the corners, Wilmer Flores hit a sharp grounder that appeared headed up the middle for a tying single. But the ball smacked off Bumgarners left shin and pinballed right to first baseman Buster Posey for the third out. "Felt a lot better when we got him out," Bumgarner said. Bumgarner walked back to the dugout with no problem, then retired Eric Young Jr. with two on to end the seventh after a visit from pitching coach Dave Righetti. Following his 13th career game with double-digit strikeouts, Bumgarner needs one more K to reach 200 in a season for the first time. Brian Dumoulin Jersey. The All-Star left-hander surpassed 200 innings for the third consecutive year. "Feels good. I mean, thats what all starters are trying to do, really," Bumgarner said. "Thats the main concern for me really is the innings, trying to get to 200 every year. So Ive kind of been keeping an eye on it here the last month or so." Jean Machi pitched a perfect eighth. San Francisco scored twice in the fourth after Hector Sanchez hit a one-out double. Joaquin Arias blooped a single and Perez, who went to high school in New York City, delivered an RBI single. Perez also walked during a perfect day at the plate and set a career high for hits. "Its like a dream come true, coming back home in front of my friends, family, people that watched me play when I was little," Perez said. "Its a moment that I would say Ill never forget." Ehire Adrianza, making his first major league start, beat out a double-play ball to drive in another run. Perez was among the Giants rookies who found cowboy hats, boots and orange-and-black acoustic guitars waiting for them at their lockers after the game -- costumes for some good-natured hazing. "Just trying to have some fun, end of the year," said Lopez, who refused to disclose the ringleaders. Perez, however, figured there wasnt much need for him to dress up for dinner back home in the Bronx. He said he left about 10 tickets Thursday for family and friends, including his mother, wife, daughter and sister. Perez said hell have many more folks coming to the Yankees series -- including his father, who was unable to attend Thursday because he was working. "That will be a crazy series for me, tickets-wise," the outfielder said. Josh Satin had a leadoff double in the fourth for New Yorks first hit. He scored on Daniel Murphys single, but Bumgarner avoided further damage with the help of some fine defence by Arias at third. NOTES: Giants 3B Pablo Sandoval was rested. ... Posey went 0 for 4 and is 1 for 21 on the road trip. ... Lincecum (10-13, 4.40 ERA) faces Yankees LHP CC Sabathia (13-13, 4.90) in a matchup of former Cy Young Award winners Friday night. ... New York begins its final road trip Friday night in Philadelphia. All-Star 3B David Wright is expected back after missing seven weeks with a strained right hamstring. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).