Jon Kitna will earn $53,000 to serve as the Cowboys third-string quarterback for one week -- and he plans to donate that money t

in Regeln und Informationen 09.08.2018 08:02
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

IRVING, Texas -- Jon Kitna will earn $53,000 to serve as the Cowboys third-string quarterback for one week -- and he plans to donate that money to the Seattle-area high school where hes now a coach. Lance McCullers Jersey . Kitna told The Dallas Morning News (http://dallasne.ws/1aaJ38v ) of his plans Wednesday. Kitna retired after the 2011 season, his 15th in the league, and was coaching football at Lincoln High School in Tacoma, Wash., this season when he heard about Tony Romos back injury. Kitna sent a text message Tuesday morning to Cowboys coach Jason Garrett, and the two would talk by phone for 30 minutes, he said. "I told Jason if he wants me or somebody to come in and call a play and be able to pull a play off if a bad situation happened, I would be willing to do that," the 41-year-old Kitna told the newspaper. Hell suit up Sunday as the backup to Kyle Orton if Romo cant play against the Philadelphia Eagles, in a game that will decide a playoff berth. Kitna appeared in three games for the Cowboys in 2011 and has started 124 games overall for Seattle, Cincinnati, Detroit and Dallas. "Hes a very active guy," Garrett said Wednesday. "Hes a mentally tough guy. . And hes certainly very young at heart. So it was good to have him back, good to have him back in the meetings, and (Im) excited to see him practice today." Jose Cruz Jr. Astros Jersey . Dirk Nowitzki scored 25 points, Shawn Marion had 22 and the Mavericks beat undermanned Philadelphia 124-112 Friday night, handing the 76ers their 10th straight loss. Nolan Ryan Astros Jersey .C. -- Al Jefferson knows few people will be giving the Charlotte Bobcats a chance to upset the Miami Heat in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. http://www.baseballastrosproshop.com/carlos-correa-astros-jersey/ . Hattestad managed to avoid the carnage midway through the mens final, as a crash took out three skiers, essentially leaving two men vying for gold. The Norwegian posted a time of 3:38.39, outlasting Swedens Teodor Peterson, who took silver with a time of 3:39.MONTREAL -- P.K. Subban may want to don goalie pads the next time he takes to the ice. Subban made two dramatic goal-line saves in Montreals 3-2 victory over the New Jersey Devils on Monday night, helping the Canadiens extend their seven-game point streak. "To be honest with you, I dont think Ill be taking (Carey) Prices job anytime soon," said Subban. "Hes got that pretty locked down. The amount of times that hes bailed me out, I dont mind stepping in there." With the score still tied 0-0 early in the game, Subban got his outstretched stick on a Jaromir Jagr shot from inside the crease, denying the star forward of a sure goal. Subban later shut the door on Devils (11-12-5) forward Damien Brunner, crashing into the net and blocking the shot to keep the Canadiens (16-9-3) in front 2-1 at the start of the third. "I just happened to be in the position today where the puck was there, and cleared it out," said Subban. "Just trying to do my job. In addition to the two saves, Subban ended the night with his team-leading 20th assist and five blocked shots in 23:34 of work. And despite calling Subban out on his defensive liabilities last month, head coach Michel Therrien had only positive things to say about his flamboyant defenceman. "As far as Im concerned, hes playing his best hockey. His focus is at the right place," said Therrien. "Hes doing a fabulous job for the team. Were putting him out there against top players game in and game out. And he loves that challenge. And its not a coincidence that were having success, that we pick up wins. "Hes certainly one of the best defencemen right now." At the other end of the ice, Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur could have used similar help. Brodeur, whos usually successful at the Bell Centre with 19 wins in 30 career starts, allowed three goals on only 17 shots. The Montreal native thought it was tough to get into the game when he wasnt being kept busy. "Usually when I dont have any shots, what helps me is that Im used to playing the puck," said Brodeur. "When I get no shots, Im able to stay in the game. But when I get no shots, and I cant play the puck, the games are long. "Its tough to get going. Not before the third period that I felt good, and I started making some saves." Brodeur also ccredited Subban for handing his Devils their first regulation loss at Montreal since 2008. Gerrit Cole Astros Jersey. "We missed a couple of open-netters that their defenceman made some great plays on," said Brodeur. "At the end I think that made the difference." After Subban made his first save of the game, Steve Bernier opened the scoring at 11:13 of the first period after sustained pressure by New Jersey. Bernier was left all alone in front of the net and beat Price on his blocker side by deflecting an Anton Volchenkov shot from the point. The Canadiens levelled the score at 8:49 of the second when Rene Bourque took a no-look, behind-the-back pass from David Desharnais and scored his sixth of the year, short side. With Dainius Zubrus in the box for interference, Max Pacioretty broke the deadlock on the power play at 16:49, taking a cross-ice pass from Andrei Markov and firing home from the face-off circle to Brodeurs left. "I started out slowly," said Pacioretty, who didnt register a shot in the first period. "Everything was bouncing away from me in the first. I got a couple there in the second, and let loose. It took me half the game to get into it." Shortly after Subbans second save, former Canadiens forward Michael Ryder made it 2-2 early in the third period when he rifled a slapshot in to the top corner of the net with Douglas Murray trying to get in his way. "I just tried to make sure to get it on net," said Ryder. "I saw the defender was trying to block it. I tried to get it upstairs, and I managed to find a way in." Alex Galchenyuk scored the winner for the Canadiens at 9:34, netting his seventh of the season into a gaping net after an Alexei Emelin shot fortuitously landed on his stick. Price made 28 saves for his 12th win of the year, and now has a 2.39 goals-against average in 18 career games against New Jersey. The game was the first of a home-and-home series between the Canadiens and Devils. The teams face off again on Wednesday in New Jersey. Notes: The Devils were without Adam Larsson (lower body), Stephen Gionta (ankle) and Ryan Clowe (head). a Ryan White and Francis Bouillon were healthy scratches for Montreal. a The Canadiens have allowed two goals or fewer in their last 11 games. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).