Taylor Teagarden had no idea how much of a relief his grand slam was to the scuffling New York Mets

in Regeln und Informationen 31.07.2018 08:20
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Taylor Teagarden had no idea how much of a relief his grand slam was to the scuffling New York Mets until his teammates were congratulating him for the rare hit with the bases loaded. Donte Moncrief Jaguars Jersey . Teagarden homered in his Mets debut, Daniel Murphy had a two-run shot and New York beat the Milwaukee Brewers 6-2 Tuesday night to snap a six-game skid. "If I could help get the monkey off the back, whatever it takes," Teagarden said. Called up from Triple-A Las Vegas on Sunday to replace demoted catcher Travis dArnaud, Teagarden connected for his second career slam after Marco Estrada walked the bases loaded in the sixth inning. The 30-year-old Teagarden had struck out in his first two at-bats. He said his teammates let him know just how poorly theyve done with the bases loaded after he returned to the dugout. Playing in front of a season-low Citi Field crowd of 20,206 that booed Ryan Braun in each of his four plate appearances, the Mets improved to 11 for 64 (.172) with the sacks full. "He didnt know you werent supposed to get a hit," manager Terry Collins said with a big grin. Daisuke Matsuzaka (3-0) pitched six effective innings and Murphy homered off Estrada in the third. Before the game, Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said Collins job is secure after the team returned from a 4-7 road trip a season-worst seven games under .500. Outhit 6-5, the Mets scored their most runs in 16 home games since a 7-6 loss in 10 innings to Miami on April 26. Matsuzaka was hit high on the outside of his right thigh by a line drive in the sixth. Making his third start of the year, the right-hander recovered to throw out Carlos Gomez and finished the inning. Collins said the plan was to send Matsuzaka out for the start of the seventh because he was at 100 pitches. "Pitch-count wise I think I wouldve been able to go into the next inning fine," Matsuzaka said through a translator. "Right now its not too bad, but it should start swelling I think by tomorrow, so well see what happens." Estrada (5-3) has given up a major league-worst 20 homers this season, and both long balls Tuesday followed walks. "I threw a lot of close pitches. Guys just laid off of them," Estrada said. "I dont understand why Im walking so many guys right now. Ive got to figure this out now because its getting out of hand." Murphy connected after Ruben Tejada walked with two outs in the third, the ball just clearing the right field wall for a 2-0 lead. Murphy, who spent his off day Monday participating in a White House summit on working families, has five homers. The Brewers cut the lead in half in the fourth after Khris Davis was hit by a pitch from Matsuzaka. Running on a full-count pitch to Lyle Overbay, Davis scored from first when Overbay hit a sharp grounder inside first base for a run-scoring double. Matsuzaka, however, kept the NL Central leaders in check. He allowed three hits and three walks, striking out five. Estrada walked David Wright and Curtis Granderson with one out in the sixth. After Chris Young struck out, Lucas Duda walked to load the bases. Teagardens drive hit off the top of the wall down the right field line and ricocheted into the seats for his first slam since 2008 with Texas. "I think the at-bats leading up were really good, too," Murphy said. Gomez, traded by the Mets to Minnesota as part of the deal that brought Johan Santana to New York in February 2008, had an RBI double in the eighth off Jeurys Familia. NOTES: Mets RHP Matt Harvey (Tommy John surgery) was scheduled to throw off a slope but that was pushed back. Alderson said Harvey is doing well. The schedule was changed because the teams doctors didnt want Harvey pitching too soon. ... Mets RHP Gonzalez Germen (virus and abscess) was activated from the 15-day DL after the game. LHP Scott Rice was sent to Triple-A Las Vegas. ... OF Eric Young Jr. (hamstring) has started running, but not at full speed. He has also been hitting. ... Brewers RHP Tyler Thornburg (elbow soreness) had an MRI. Manager Ron Roenicke said the team is waiting for a radiologist to examine the results before revealing anything. He did say its not an injury that would require Tommy John surgery. Ronnie Harrison Jaguars Jersey ., will experience this week. A year in which the Canadian curling championship has been pushed forward a week to accommodate the Winter Olympics was deemed the perfect chance to stage the event in Montreal for the first time since 1979. Niles Paul Jaguars Jersey . Pistorius denied the allegation that he said to the close friend of the girlfriend he killed: "How can you sleep at night?" The accusation by Kim Myers provided a bizarre twist during the trial of the world-famous double-amputee Olympian, who is facing 25 years to life in prison if convicted of premeditated murder for shooting dead Steenkamp, a 29-year-old model, at his home last year. http://www.footballjaguarsprostore.com/will-richardson-jaguars-jersey/ .J. -- The New York Jets have promoted Tony Sparano Jr.R.A. Dickey tries for his first win in four starts on Wednesday when the Toronto Blue Jays wrap up a brief two-game series with the Milwaukee Brewers at Miller Park. Dickey lost in Seattle last Wednesday, but pitched well, surrendering two runs and seven hits in six innings in the 2-0 loss. The former National League Cy Young Award winner struggled with his control, though, and walked four batters, as he fell to 9-12 on the year to go along with a 3.95 ERA. It marked the 12th consecutive start that Dickey pitched at least six innings and his second consecutive quality start. Dickey has faced the Brewers five times (3 starts) and is 1-1 against them with a 2.63 ERA. Milwaukee, meanwhile, turns to rookie right-hander Jimmy Nelson, who may be pitching to keep his spot in the rotation. Nelson did not get a decision on Friday in Los Angeles, but turned in his fifth consecutive quality start, allowing two runs to the Dodgers over six innings in his teams 6-3 win. "Jimmy was good. I liked his command," Roenicke said. "His fastball was mostly down in the zone. He threw some really good sliders. So yeah, I thought that was one of his better games.. D.J. Hayden Jersey. " Still, Nelson, who is 2-3 on the year with a 3.86 ERA, could be the odd man out once Matt Garza returns from his oblique strain. Nelson may lose his spot thanks to how well Mike Fiers has been. Fiers was again solid on Tuesday and Khris Davis knocked in two runs to help Milwaukee to a 6-1 win. Rickie Weeks, Jonathan Lucroy, Ryan Braun and Aramis Ramirez also knocked in a run apiece for the Brewers, the NL Central leaders who have won five consecutive games. On the heels of his 14-strikeout performance against the Cubs, Fiers (3-1) retired the final 18 batters he faced, eventually going seven innings and allowing a run on two hits with six strikeouts. "I wanted to be aggressive in the strike zone and make them swing the bat," Fiers said. Munenori Kawasaki drove in the lone run for the Blue Jays, who skidded to their sixth loss in their last seven. J.A. Happ (8-8) was charged in defeat for four runs on six hits over just 3 1/3 frames. "We got outplayed and it started with me," Happ said. Toronto had swept a two-game series from the Brewers earlier in the season. Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).