All Adam Wainwrights balky elbow needed was a little rest. The St. Louis starter tossed eight strong innings

in Regeln und Informationen 16.07.2018 04:54
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

ST. Bo Scarbrough Cowboys Jersey . LOUIS -- All Adam Wainwrights balky elbow needed was a little rest. The St. Louis starter tossed eight strong innings, and Matt Holliday broke an eighth-inning tie with a run-scoring double to lead the Cardinals to a 4-1 win over Philadelphia that snapped the Phillies season-high five-game winning streak on Saturday. Wainwright (10-3) allowed one run and six hits, struck out seven and didnt walk a batter for the Cardinals, who broke a three-game losing streak. He pitched on 10 days rest after missing a start due to elbow tendinitis. "That was the right decision," Wainwright said of skipping an outing. "I felt real good all game. Sometimes you never know how youre going to respond when you havent thrown very much. But I was fine. "The only time I even felt anything in my arm at all was my first swing where Cole Hamels jammed me and I grounded to third." Wainwright needed to be on his game to beat Hamels in a matchup of heavyweight arms. "It was a pitchers duel as advertised," Philadelphia manager Ryne Sandberg said. "Both guys were outstanding." Wainwright was slightly better. He never let a runner get beyond second base except in the third when the Phillies scored their only run. Wainwright, who lowered his ERA to 2.08, threw 104 pitches, 68 for strikes. "All of his pitches were sinking, and he mixed them up well," Philadelphia catcher Carlos Ruiz said. St. Louis manager Mike Matheny was impressed with Wainwrights command following the layoff. "Its just amazing how sharp he was," he said. "It looked like the Adam weve watched all season." Trevor Rosenthal backed up Wainwright by striking out two in the ninth to earn his 21st save in 24 attempts. Hamels (2-4) gave up three runs and seven hits over 7 1-3 innings. He had a scoreless streak of 24 2-3 innings snapped on Matt Adams second-inning sacrifice fly. Hamels refused to speak with reporters after the game. Holliday ripped a one-out double to bring in Matt Carpenter and break the 1-1 tie. Carpenter coaxed a leadoff walk to begin the eighth. "At that point in the game, youre looking at having a chance to win if you can scratch across one run," Holliday said. "Luckily, (Hamels) left it up a little and I put a good swing on it." St. Louis added two more runs in the eighth to go up 4-1. Jhonny Peralta brought in Holliday with an infield ground out, and Adams followed with his second sacrifice fly of the game. "We grinded it out," Matheny said. "Were getting good at those close games by just staying the course." Philadelphia had tied it 1-1 in the third inning on successive singles by Cody Asche and Hamels, and a sacrifice fly by Jimmy Rollins. Asche, who grew up in nearby OFallon, Missouri, recorded his first hit at Busch Stadium. Rollins extended his hitting streak to 15 games with a single in the eighth inning. NOTES: After the game, the Cardinals placed INF Kolten Wong on the 15-day disabled list due to a sore shoulder. Shane Robinson will be recalled from Triple-A Memphis in time for Sunday game. ... The game-time temperature was a season-high 92 degrees. ... Philadelphias Kyle Kendrick (3-6, 3.97) will face St. Louis Carlos Martinez (0-3, 4.19) in the series finale on Sunday. Martinez is replacing RHP Michael Wacha, who is being given extra rest. ... The Phillies didnt commit an error in the first six games of their current seven-game trip . ... St. Louis C Yadier Molina batted in the cleanup spot for the first time since June 20, 2013. Allen Hurns Cowboys Jersey . But history aside, theyre still happy to participate in the Par 3 contest, traditionally held on the day prior to the first round of the Masters. Mike White Cowboys Jersey . Justine finished first with a score of 22.44 while Chloe was second with 21.66 points. Defending champion Hannah Kearney of the U.S., was third at 21.49. A third Dufour-Lapointe sister, Maxime, failed to make the final group and finished 12th while Audrey Robichaud of Quebec City was 10th. http://www.cowboysfootballgearshop.com/marcus-martin-jersey/ . Venable and Jeremy Hermida drove in three runs apiece, and the Padres beat the Colorado Rockies 7-2 on Sunday to snap a nine-game losing streak.CHICAGO -- Jake Arrieta is doing his part to fill the gap left by Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel. Arrieta pitched well into the eighth inning and Justin Ruggiano hit an RBI single with two outs in the ninth inning Friday that sent the Chicago Cubs over the Atlanta Braves 5-4. Arrieta gave up three runs and four hits in 7 2-3 innings. He struck out six and walked three. The right-hander is 4-0 with a 1.30 ERA in his last seven starts. Arrieta said he has taken more of a leadership position after Samardzija and Hammel were traded to Oakland last week. "I am pretty comfortable with the responsibilities that come along with a role like that. Its something I embrace and look forward to continue to be in this role, to help guys establish themselves and combat the struggles that take place at this level," he said. "Hopefully, help guys start to take off and produce at a high level for us," he said. Arrieta figures to be one of the few mainstays along with All-Stars Anthony Rizzo and Starlin Castro as the Cubs continue to rebuild within the system. Arismendy Alcantara singled with two outs off Jordan Walden (0-1) in the Cubs ninth and stole second. Ruggiano then got a hit that slipped past shortstop Andrelton Simmons to win it. "The future is bright. That is very apparent. Guys like Alcantara and we have guys in the pipeline that can definitely help us in the future," Arrieta said. The Braves, who scored the tying run in the top of the ninth on Christian Bethancourts two-out single, have lost five of six following a nine-game winning streak. Jordan Schafer stole three bases for Atlanta and was caught stealing once. "Schafer had a great day. He stole three bags, he got on base, played nice defence. And BJ (Upton) been doing nice in the leadoff spot. Im happy with those guys at the top of the order. Now we need to keep the line moving, and we will," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. Arrieta left with a 4-3 lead but wound up with a no-decision when Cubs closer Hector Rondon (2-3) couldnt hold the lead in the ninth. Rondon allowed a leadoff double to Jason Heyward in the ninth. After retiring the next two batters, Rondon gave up Bethancourts single. It was Rondons third blown save of the season. The Cubs have won two straight after losing six in a row. "We were probably a little down a little bit aafter losing those two guys. Jihad Ward Jersey. They were two big guys in the clubhouse. But we have a tight group and we all pull for each other. We will be all right," Ruggiano said. Freddie Freeman drove in two runs for Atlanta. Braves starter Alex Wood pitched 5 1/3 innings and allowed four runs on five hits and three walks. The 23-year-old left-hander struck out six. "I battled through some stuff. I thought we battled hard and scraped for some runs. I thought we played pretty well," Wood said. After retiring the first six batters, Wood gave up a leadoff double to Chris Coghlan in the third inning. Coghlan stole third and scored on Arrietas perfectly executed squeeze. With two outs, Ruggianos single drove in Mike Olt to make it 2-0. Arrieta was unable to hold the lead. He walked Schafer in the fourth and gave up his first hit of the game, a double to Simmons. Freeman and Justin Upton had RBI grounders. In the sixth, Wood reached on an infield single, his first hit in the majors, and moved up on Schafers sacrifice bunt. With two outs, Freeman doubled off the ivy in centre field for a 3-2 lead. The Cubs loaded the bases with no outs in the sixth. Junior Lake struck out and broke the bat over his knee. Coghlan hit a tying single and Braves reliever Shae Simmons walked Luis Valbuena on four straight pitches to give the Cubs a 4-3 lead. NOTES: Cubs INF Emilio Bonifacio started his rehab assignment in Arizona. Hes been on the DL with an oblique strain since June 13. ... Rizzo appreciated all the support he got in the push by the team that made him the final NL All-Star voted in by the fans. "Walked over to the offices, thanked all the front office and the people working behind the scenes to pump it up, to promote it. Very, very appreciative. My familys ecstatic. Come along way, altogether -- me, myself, everyone else around me thats coached me, thats helped me out through good times and bad times. Its an accomplishment Ill cherish forever," the first baseman said. ... Cubs 2B Darwin Barney was activated from the paternity list. The Cubs recalled Zac Rosscup from Triple-A Iowa and relievers Kyle Hendricks and Blake Parker were optioned to Iowa. ... Braves starter LHP Mike Minor is scheduled to make his second career start against the Cubs on Saturday. In his previous start, he gave up one run in 7 1/3 innings. China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).