The best medicine for a struggling offense

in Regeln und Informationen 22.01.2020 04:49
von chenyan94 • Genin | 167 Beiträge

is a struggling defense http://www.thebearslockerroom.com/authentic-devin-hester-jersey , right?Allegedly, but would anyone really trust the Bears offense to be able to score on a pee-wee team right now?Every press conference with Mitch Trubisky and Matt Nagy is being broken down, overanalyzed and completely roasted.Things are not good in Bearsland. However, the Lions are coming to town and while they are ahead of the Bears in the official standings, it’s only just by a half a game and the Lions are in usual Lions shape.That is to say, they’re middling. They’re not awful, but they aren’t blowing teams away. Like the Bears, they’ve lost to the Raiders and Packers, but unlike Chicago they’ve defeated the Chargers and Eagles.So this might be a match up of even teams, at the least. Although, the Lions offense is light-years ahead of the Bears, but their defense is the side of the ball giving them trouble.Perhaps then it will be an even fight between a good defense vs. a good offense and a bad offense vs. a bad defense?Detroit LionsSB Nation site: Pride of DetroitRecord: 3-4-1 (third NFC North)Last week: 31-24 loss to RaidersBears all-time record against: 99-74-5Historical match ups: The Bears and Lions have met three times on Nov. 10, the date of Sunday’s match up, but have won only one of those previous three.On Nov. 10, 1985, also week 10, the Bears met the Lions at Soldier Field.Steve Fuller filled in for the injured Jim McMahon, threw 13 passes, hitting on just seven. Compared to 55 team rushing attempts (including five for Fuller). Both Walter Payton (26) and Matt Suhey (16) went over 100 yards, while Fuller ran in for two scores and Calvin Thomas rushed for another.The vicious defense sacked Lions quarterback Eric Hipple four times and the Bears won 17-3.Last meeting: On Thanksgiving Day, the Bears went up to Detroit on the shortest possible turnaround and, with their back up quarterback, beat the Lions 23-16.Eddie Jackson sealed the win with a pick 6 and the iconic Motown tribute celebration.Injury report: The Lions listed 13 players on their Wednesday injury report.Full participation: CB Darius Slay (hamstring), CB Amani Oruwariye (knee), TE Jesse James (back) Womens Danny Trevathan Jersey , DT Damon Harrison (groin), WR Danny Amendola (hand)Limited: QB Matthew Stafford (back/hip), DT A’Shawn Robinson (ankle), OL Graham Glasgow (back) and DT Mike Daniels (foot)Did not participate: DB Tracy Walker (knee), P Sam Martin (abdomen), DL Da’Shawn Hand (ankle), G Joe Dahl (ankle)Offense: The Lions come into the game ranked fifth in yards and 12th in points.Their passing offense is third in yards, while their rushing attack is 21st.Led by the veteran Matthew Stafford (64.3 cmp. pct./2,499 yds./19 TD/5 INT) is playing some of the best football of his career throwing to receivers Kenny Golladay (35 rec./640 yds./7 TD), Marvin Jones (42/535/6) and Danny Amendola (31/376/1).Rookie TE T.J. Hockenson (22/296/2) is also contributing.Since losing starting RB Kerryon Johnson, Ty Johnson (39 att./137 yds./0 TD) and J.D. Missic (20/140/0) have taken over duties.Defense: The Lions defense ranks 31st in yards allowed and 27th in points allowed.Their passing defense ranks 30th in yards allowed and their rushing defense ranks 27th in yards.Their top defenders are DE Trey Flowers (4 sacks/2 FF/4 TFL/8 QB hits), Damon Harrison (2 sacks/3 PD/2 TFL/2 QB hits), CB Darius Slay (1 INT/3 PD), CB Tracy Walker (1 INT/5 PD/5 TFL/56 tkls) and former Bear LB Christian Jones (39 tkls/2 sacks/1 FR/4 PD).Other defenders include Justin Coleman (1 INT/2 FF/1 FR), LB Jarrad Davis (2 FF/2 TFL/1 sack) and DT A’Shawn Robinson (0.5 sack/2 TFL/1 QB hit/2 FR). The Lions’ defensive coordinator, Paul Pasqualoni, was the defensive line coach in Chicago in 2014 under Mel Tucker.The Lions defense ranks 30th in third down defense, with opponents converting 48.1 percent of their attempts. What to watch for: Can the Bears defense get after Matt Stafford and force him into mistakes? There is a lot of big pass play potential on the Lions’ offense with Golladay, Jones and preseason Bear Marvin Hall (who is averaging 40 yards per catch!). The Lions have the ninth most passing attempts and pass on 56 percent of their plays, so they want to throw and throw often.Will this bad defense give the Bears a chance to get right? Or at least get things going? They’re allowing 6.1 yards per play to opponents and 4.7 yards per rush. They haven’t surrendered less than 370 yards to an opponent all season and haven’t allowed less than 20 points since week two.Key match ups: Kenny Golladay against the Bears secondary. Golladay is Stafford’s favorite big-play receiver and if the Bears can slow him down, it will get their passing game out of rhythm.Stafford has only been sacked 18 times, despite having the ninth-most passing attempts in the league, so the Bears pass rush has to get back on track and get after him. He will turn the ball over if he’s not comfortable in the pocket. Key stats: The Bears have surpassed 300 yards of offense just once this season, the Lions have held none of their opponents to fewer than 350 yards of offense.The Lions have allowed the most first downs in the league, 196 Cody Whitehair Jersey , while the Bears have just 139 on the season.Detroit can take the ball away, they have 12 takeaways as a defense, one more than the Bears have.The Lions rank 12th in yards per drive on offense, averaging 2.16 points per drive. Chicago is allowing 1.61 YPD, sixth best in the league.Lions opponents are scoring touchdowns on 60.6 percent of their red zone trips, the Bears offense is scoring on 57.1 percent.Stafford has thrown an interception in three straight games, but has only one multi-interception game this season, in their week 2 win over the Chargers. Last year two of his three multi-interception games came against Chicago.Can the Bears find the endzone against a nearly equally inept defense to their own offense? What do the Bears need to do to win? We’re going to predict the Chicago Bears 2019 record in each quarter of the season in this week’s WCG roundtable discussion! First up is the 1st Quarter..."With the NFL revealing their 2019 schedule last week, we had to get in on the much-too-early Chicago Bears predictions, but we wanted to break the schedule down into four easy to digest portions of prognostications. Former Bears head coach, Lovie Smith, used to like to break the schedule into four quarters — much like a football game — so we’re going to do the same thing here at WCG. And we’re also going to do it roundtable style to get more of our Bears experts involved in the process. After checking out what we have to say, we want you guys to follow our format and give us your predictions in the comment section. Here’s how the Bears first quarter of the season will go. 1st QuarterWeek 1: vs. Green Bay Packers, Thursday, Sept. 5, 7:20 p.m., NBCWeek 2: at Denver Broncos, Sunday, Sept. 15, 3:25 p.m., FOXWeek 3: at Washington Redskins, Monday, Sept. 23, 7:15 p.m., ESPNWeek 4: vs. Minnesota Vikings http://www.thebearslockerroom.com/authentic-jonathan-bullard-jersey , Sunday, Sept. 30, 3:25 p.m., CBS(All times Central)Lester A. Wiltfong Jr. - (4-0) We’ll learn about the 2019 Bears right away with tough match-ups against the rival Packers and a high altitude game in Denver, but I think the extra time to prep for the Broncos will give them the edge they need to buck history. Prime Time in Washington will be tough, but the Bears are the better team. The Vikings couldn’t beat the Bears when their playoff lives were on the line last year, so why would I think Kirk Cousins can do it in 2019. Erik Christopher Duerrwaechter - (4-0) Where the back-to-back road games may cause some discomfort, I don’t see any of these games being a real test early on. The Vic Fangio Revenge Game has a chance of being close. And, really, I’m ready to see the Bears annihilate the Packers in the season debut at home. Just gotta get my ticket to the game.Sam Householder - (3-1) The Bears can get off to a hot start with five winnable games but I’m not sure they can get through unblemished. The Broncos are an insane 21-1 at home in weeks one and two at home in their current stadium and 51-8-2 all-time. On the other side is Washington, who are 5-22 on Monday Night Football since 2000, including seven straight Monday night losses and a 2-15 record on MNF since 2008. The Vikings are likely to rebound from a down year last year, but by playing at home that game is still winnable for them. I have them dropping the week two match up against Vic Fangio (remember when Adam Gase knew how to attack Fangio’s D? I think Fangio will know how to slow Nagy’s offense).Ken Mitchell - (4-0) Green Bay will be struggling in getting both their offensive and defensive games lined out, and Chuck Pagano’s much more aggressive defense will eat “those people from Wisconsin” alive. I think Week 2 may be the hardest game of the season, because former coordinators know exactly how to attack their old teams and Fangio will make this one tough... still, Bears win. Washington’s a decent team but we should beat them, and color me somebody who has been unimpressed by Minnesota’s offseason.Aaron Leming - (3-1) As much as I want to give the Bears (4-0) through this stretch, Denver’s history at home through the first two games of the season is hard to deny. Add in the altitude aspect and I’m going to give them a loss there, just to play it “safe” There’s one or two of those games on the schedule where it feels like a loss and I can’t ignore that like I did last year with Miami.Robert Schmitz - (4-0) For as much hype as the matchup in Denver is getting, I don’t believe in Joe Flacco enough to predict a loss in this quarter. The season opener against Green Bay is as close to a lock as I can ask for (predominantly due to last year’s horror) and it’s Thursday night slot gives us a ridiculous amount of rest for the matchup against our former defensive coordinator. I don’t believe in either (Washington QB) Case Keenum or Cousins to compete with us, so those look like wins to me. Some wins may not be pretty (Week 2 and 3 come to mind) but I think the Bears are perfect to open the season.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).